- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 23 Dec 2022
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
Burberry is a recognised leader in engaging customers through digital experiences, both online and offline in our retail stores. This role is for a Solution Architect who can research, design and lead the introduction and adoption of new Digital related technologies within Burberry, as well as other areas of the business. The candidate will be expected to be passionate about technology, with an understanding of Luxury Retail trends and how these can be brought together in new and exciting ways.
This role will include, working closely with the global architecture community on aspects of Burberry's Customer Service and CRM capabilities to drive our consumers' brand experiences across various channels within the business. Co-operating in the development of associated technology platforms and application capabilities, it will require close business engagement and interaction with our delivery project teams, product owners, the VP within the chosen department and our IT Enterprise Architecture team.
The ideal candidate has a recognised background in agile, product-centric technology development, digitally-focused solution architecture experience, customer centric functions as well as a good understanding of these capabilities and associated applications. This remains an evolving area for us and will require you to adapt and be creative as changing business demands continue to introduce new capabilities and applications.
- Develop an evolving Solution Architecture for the Digital Tower Initiatives within Burberry.
- Engaging and influencing key stakeholders to ensure Solution addresses both Functional and Non-Functional needs of the business
- Develop an evolving solution architecture for the chosen department's personalisation and content initiatives within Burberry
- Design technical solutions that may span multiple work streams, whilst identifying downstream application dependencies. This role not only owns the solution through to delivery but is also responsible for understanding the wider Burberry application estate.
- Oversee the technical acceptance of agile user stories and ensure the integrity of any proposed solutions across workstreams and associated application architects.
- Identify and exploit the re-use of any components, patterns, techniques and document these for re-use by other projects.
- Establish and direct proof of concepts in innovation and make recommendations on technology adoption.
- Work with the Security and Information Risk functions to ensure any solution meet the needs of our security standards and principles.
- Ability to understand complex technical processes/challenges and create pragmatic solutions is critical to success in this position.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to comfortably communicate with key stakeholders, including senior business leaders, product owners, project managers and business analysts.
- Practical experience of delivering change supported by an agile delivery framework.
- Recognised expertise in digital consumer and marketing technologies, demonstrating the ability to put forward relevant knowledge of architectural patterns, technology components and vendor products preferably within a luxury or related retail industry.
- Experience within an architecture team where you have developed solutions aligned with an overarching strategy.
- Demonstrated relevant technical knowledge in at least two digital competencies from a domain that covers Decisioning, Recommendations, Personalisation, Content Management and Digital Asset Management.
- A good understanding of how to derive complex digital solutions for a truly global business where the customer experience is seamless across multiple channels, including retail store interactions.
- Experience of providing leadership and guidance to peers and more junior members of the team.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || IT || DIGITAL || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert