Pattern Cutter - Tailoring
This role is to work within our growing Atelier team, to support with the development of our tailored designs. We are looking for a creative pattern cutter that can take our designs and transform into functional patterns. We will, require this role to see the pattern through its full life to sealed stage after production fits.
This is a freelance role that will be required at specific periods of the season.
- Tailoring specialist understanding womens and mens cut, with a modern take.
- To create pattern blocks standardising brand measurements.
- To take sketched designs and transform into functional patterns.
- Amendments to existing patterns.
- To attend fittings, interpreting fit comments and translating them into pattern amendments.
- To follow the pattern through production fittings, ensuring the pattern is prepared for grading.
- Grading knowledge required.
- Toile when required.
- To update tech packs with technical instruction.
- Good understanding of characteristics of tailoring fabrics.
- Has excellent knowledge of all the sewing techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of tailoring garment construction.
- Flat pattern drafting skills.
- Creative pattern cutter.
- Draping skills and experience.
- Lectra or Gerber skill is a plus.
- Tailoring experience must.