Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that's run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand - our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We've built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what's next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we're headed, we'd love to have you join us.About the Role
The position of Assistant Art Director is part of the Gap digital creative team and will be focused on bringing product stories to life in a commercially viable approach. Develop the look and feel for the largest campaign events in the promotional commercial plan. This position requires a highly motivated individual who can concept and create and execute creative. Focus will be on concepting seasonal messages and creating content that can be leveraged across all digital channels (email, .com, social, app etc.)
ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP -
This role will work lead the work and focus on promotions for GAP specialty. This role must exhibit a true passion for retail as well as being a true design thought partner to the Creative leadership team. As one of the guardians of the brand aesthetic online, you will make sure we show up consistently with iconic photography and rich storytelling for the Gap customer. You will mentor and manage designers on the promotions team. Also lead creative brainstorms and active involvement in campaign development for digital channels for promo campaign launches.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Seasonally enforce and evolve the promotions brand design and identity (color palette, typography, executional tool-box).
- Concept and execute elevated digital marketing material: email, app, site assets and social media advertising. Support the vision fromconcept ideation to post-production
- Collaborate with peers to conceptseasonal campaigns that support the overall branding andmarketing objectives.
- Manage team and streamline workflow. Assign project and responsibilities to team. Providing fluid feedback to design team.
- Lead presentations to XF partners for approvals.
- Translate business and marketing objectives into designs that are clear, compelling, visually exciting, easy to use and emotionally engaging.
- Communicate clearly and effectively the designs of direct reports if needed in XF meetings and with post-production team for exporting and web builds.
- Deliver exceptional creative in all vehicles, on time and integrated with seasonal briefs.
Benefits at Gap
- At least 3-5 year's experience as a conceptual role
- At least 1 year management experience.
- Strong creative background; a minimum of 3 years of retail, design direction, and art direction
- Expert knowledge of design-related software (Figma, In Design and Photoshop)
- Good interpersonal, management, and presentation skills with an ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Experience making comments for to team for consistent feedback through post-production
- Social media and moving image experience (a plus)
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates - Non NYC
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates - NYC
Beginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).