At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities. JOB PURPOSE
As a trusted finance partner, you will use your finance expertise, connecting seamlessly with your Business and Finance colleagues, to provide commercial finance support, influencing decisions or strategy to deliver bottom-line benefits.
This role should be viewed as a co-pilot to the Business budget holders, pro-actively looking for opportunities and addressing areas not previously considered.
Whilst being unburdened by day-to-day processing responsibilities, you will retain overall accountability for the financial control of opex related to Product (Merchandising, Product Development, Planning, Design), Supply Chain (excluding Warehouse & Distribution) and Digital. In addition, you will generate a full financial picture for Digital (for reporting and forecasting purposes).RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop strong and trusted partnerships with key budget holders within functions with a commercial mind-set, provide analysis, challenge and insight on commercial finance matters and strategies - pro-actively addressing areas that may not have been previously considered
- Provide effective monthly management reports for key budget holders and Finance leadership team (significant exercise for digital).
- Support and influence key business decisions through the pro-active creation of business cases and 'what-if' scenario planning, ensuring there is a consistent approach applied across functions.
- Ensure sufficient financial rigour is applied on all key investment decisions and post investment reviews are carried out, with learnings communicated and embedded in future assessments.
- Play a key role in evaluating business performance and offering advice on the future direction to achieve business targets and KPIs. Track, report and monitor performance against these targets.
- Help drive efficiencies through value adding activities by leading and delivering commercial finance analysis and identifying and managing KPIs.
- Oversee the financial planning process and ensure sufficient financial rigour has occurred in identifying efficiencies and cost savings.
- Lead and co-ordinate delivery of the month end close and financial controlling liaising closely with Horseferry Management Accounting Team.
- Maintain a balanced connection between your key budget holders and the Finance Leadership Team.
- Partner closely with Commercial Procurement
- Manage direct / indirect reports to optimise their performance and oversee their development, both as individuals and as a team.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Qualified accountant ACA/CIMA or equivalent with at least 5 years PQE (as a guide).
- Strong analytical background, with a good attention to detail.
- Strategic thinking and problem solving.
- Ability to build rapport and trust.
- Ability to interact, advise and challenge senior leadership levels.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Commercial and retail mind-set - ability to interpret business requirements and prioritisation.
- Ability to see short term and long term effects of possible actions.
- Ability to think globally.
- Good team player.
- Business partnering with non-finance individuals and teams.
- Proven track record of delivering change and driving improvements.
- At least 7 years post university experience (as a guide) with proven Management experience.
- Strong connection with all budget holders.
- Evidence of influencing key decisions and investment appraisals, guided by robust commercial analysis.
- Efficient completion of financial planning processes and delivery of cost savings against group expectations.
- Accurate delivery of financial close each month and successful management of the external audit process.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: USA || New York (US-NY) || New York || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || COMMERCIAL FINANCE || n/a ||