The Student Services Representative II plays an integral role in the Admissions Office's mission to make the student application experience seamless, timely, transparent, and accurate. They will provide student-centered assistance with incoming transcript processing, loading credentials into our imaging system, assuring data quality and other time-sensitive tasks. Additionally, the Student Service Representative II provides excellent customer-service in responding to applicant inquiries and other requests by the college community, providing timely follow up, trouble-shooting and problem solving.
- Access Banner, NOLIJ, and/or Hobsons Connect records of applicant informing person of application status in regards to missing documents needed to complete their application.
- Provide front line customer service to applicants and visitors via email, over the phone, and in person providing detailed direction of the admissions process.
- Process and load credentials into Banner and our imaging system (NOLIJ), assuring data quality 100% along with other time-sensitive materials.
- Receive, review, process, and monitor receipt of all applicant credentials.
- Review and update daily audit reports to ensure data integrity. Escalate any data discrepancies to the appropriate staff or Operations Manager.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position; other duties may be assigned consistent with the classification of the position.Requirements:
- High School diploma and 2-4 years of appropriate experience required.
- Computer skills with an emphasis on data entry required.
- Quality customer service skills, excellent telephone manner and the ability to work well under pressure.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are a must, along with the ability to work independently, analyze and problem solve, multi-task and handle interruptions professionally.
- Must demonstrate the ability to use discretion in working with and discussing confidential student information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Computer skills with an emphasis on data entry.
- Quality customer service skills, and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Prior experience using Banner, NOLIJ software systems, and Hobsons/Campus Management CRM preferred.
- Experience working in a college or university setting.
Read Comprehend- Constant; Perform Calculations- Occasional; Communicate Orally- Constant; Reason & Analyze- Constant; Write- Frequent
The position is on campus, primarily in an office environment.
Sit- Constant; Stand- Frequent; Bend- Occasional; Walk- Occasional; Climb- N/A; Pull- N/A ; Push- N/A; Lift Additional Information:
Days/Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm, in person; work schedule subject to change based on needs of the department.
Salary Schedule 88
Hiring Salary: $42,895 per year
Employee Holiday and Work Schedule
Remote Pilot Program
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled.
Successful completion of a background check is required for appointment to this position once an offer has been made. Application Instructions:
In order to be considered for this position, you must apply online and attach the following documents; http://fitnyc.interviewexchange.com:
- Cover letter
- A list of three references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Returning Applicants- Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your completed application.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com. EEO/ Affirmative Action Statement
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212.217.3360, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fashion Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is strongly and actively committed to diversity within the community.About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), an internationally renowned college of art and design, business and technology, of the State University of New York, invites applications for a Student Services Representative II in the Admissions Office.