DISTRICT MANAGERREPORTS TO: VP, GM Canada Retail SUMMARY:
To direct all activities required to achieve district goals, including sales and profit objectives, customer service, human resources as it relates to development and retention of team, payroll and operating expenses, loss prevention and merchandise presentation.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Supervise Store Managers and Area Managers to achieve their highest potential through consistent training and goal planning.
- Planning routine store visits in order to have a presence in the field and to understand each store's current realities, more specifically their points to improve and their strengths.
- Develop Store Managers and or Area Managers to accomplish district's objectives through recruitment, selection, coaching, career and succession planning, retention and motivation.
- Ensure attainment of sales, payroll, respecting budgets, operating expenses and inventory shortage goals for district.
- Meet or exceed the customer service objectives with an emphasis on store team coaching and motivating, while providing feedback to encourage growth and development.
- Ensure that merchandise is well maintained according to company standards with emphasis on allocation, presentation, restocking and recovery.
- Act as a liaison between stores and the corporate office.
- Help to set priorities and direction for district.
- Understand the Calvin Klein culture; ensure compliance with the brand's core values, operational standards as well as Calvin Klein's mission, vision, and strategic priorities.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by VP, General Manager Canada Retail.
REVENUE GENERATION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure CK customer service standards are being met, modeled, and coached.
- Adhere to Human Resources standards following general practices, while referring to the HR team for any support or advice.
- Recruiting, networking, screening, meeting, hiring and developing diverse talented candidates specifically management level for the district.
- Fill open positions with qualified candidates utilizing 30 days as goal - maintaining a talent pool.
- Building relationships with potential candidates in ensure pipeline for turnover possibilities.
- Assess, develop, educate, mentor and provides timely feedback and coaching on a regular and consistent basis.
- Hold teams accountable for achievement of results.
- Empower and involve team in decision-making process while guiding and coaching in a strategic manner.
- Receptive to feedback and fosters dialogue around positive solutions.
- Lead by taking calculated risks and manage through change and adversity.
- Maintain confidentiality and meet own commitments.
- Share vision and plans execution of district's strategy in alignment with corporate, zone and regional initiatives.
- Is responsible for setting and attaining district sales and expense management goals.
- Responsible for meeting payroll budgets.
- Drive quantifiable performance (LY, Plan, UPT, Conversion, Leverage, Inventory, Internal and External Operational Assessments).
- Educate store teams on reports, analysis of business trends and inventory opportunities.
- Analyze business reports consistently and develop strategy to maximize financial success and performance.
- Prioritize workflow through successful planning and time management.
- Understand and comply with all company policy, procedures and operations.
- Maintain the highest level of security and safety awareness within the stores.
- Responsible for maintenance of the physical appearance and cleanliness of stores within district.
- Recognize problems, analyze causes, and generate alternatives and solutions.
- Track and check for compliance of all company assigned training within the district.
- Recommend ideas to improve standards and processes.
- Demonstrate ability to convey company expectations.
VISUAL, BRAND AND PRODUCT MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
DISTRICT MANAGER POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Human Resources:
- Ensure execution of all pricing strategies to achieve gross margin goals.
- Ensure that all stores in the district are merchandised according to visual guidelines; understands and holds teams accountable to the standards that are outlined by the store concept and the VMCS.
- Educate the team on assessing visual directives and substituting product as needed; coaches teams to drive sales opportunities through adjustments to product placement.
- Communicate observations and opportunities regarding quality control through proper channels.
- Partner when necessary to manage store inventories.
- Ensure timely planning and execution of store seasonal concept.
- Ensure all managers can clearly articulate the company's brand positioning.
- Ability to network and maintain talent pool for recruitment needs and mentor management associates to do the same.
- Select and develop associates of the store management teams; develop strengths of managers, coach and counsel the best practices of a leader.
- Take initiative to set personal goals in addition to attainable goals for the stores individually and provide constructive feedback based on performance.
- Partner with HR to utilize the company's performance management tools specifically for coaching and development in order to allow associates to grow within the company.
- Build positive relationships and morale throughout the district.
- Ability to function as a role model during all store visits, ensuring that the customer remains the top priority; ability to respond in an empathetic way when dealing with customer complaints or needs.
- Ability to organize, delegate, prioritize, meet deadlines, hold team accountable, and follow-up on all activities within the district.
- Proven ability to challenge and motivate management teams in an atmosphere of mutual respect by supporting CK brand core values.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build partnerships.
- Knowledge of visual standards and techniques; ability to implement and interpret according to store floor concept and VMCS principles and standards. Able to individualize for stores as needed.
- Demonstration of strong verbal and written communication skills to corporate and direct reports; ability to express and logically articulate point of view while reinforcing company initiatives and values.
- Being present as a partner for the stores of your district on all means of communication as a support to ensure the performance of the stores.
- Ability to analyze business trends and function within payroll, shortage and controllable expenses to maximize district performance and profitability.
- Ability to assess market, share information with corporate and store teams and translate into an impact to overall district business.
PVH Canada Inc. shall notify its employees and the public about the availability of accommodation for applicants with disabilities and its recruitment process.