About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer's spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what's next. About the Role
In this role, you will be accountable for the development process and strategy execution for the assigned fabric/product departments. You will also be responsible to execute the overall country and mill/vendor strategy for the department in partnership with the relevant internal teams.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Manage the fabric / product / vendor development process (P2M) in a timely manner (development sampling, initial costs, negotiation/ production & capacity planning to meets the design aesthetic as well as commercially acceptable quality standards)
- Manage relationships with mills/vendors and support vendor allocation & aggregated costing along with overall capacity planning aligned to the cost targets to drive competitive advantage
- Partner with mills/vendors to drive innovation initiatives and superior quality while resolving any fabric/product and quality issues pro actively
- Onboard new mills/vendors and provide training to existing mills/vendors along with supporting the evaluation process
- Look for opportunities for continuous improvement in fabric/product/vendor development, process management and overall sourcing procedures
- Develop communication skills to exchange complex information
- Manage projects and program execution within area of specialty and ensures quality of work
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Proven success in applying fully functional professional knowledge in global fabric/product/vendor development and understands design, merchandising, and global sourcing landscape
- Ability to drive results through planning and prioritizing along with influencing others and providing recommendations & solutions
- Anticipate operational/program issues and develops preventative measures
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates - Non NYC
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates - NYC
Beginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).