The Director, Global Creative Strategy - Store & Brand Experience is responsible for leading and organizing the creation and delivery of exceptional, innovative retail and selling environments/activations. This individual is responsible for partnering with the VP, Global Creative Strategy to lead conceptual design development through a creative approach, design process, project reviews, project communications, quality and design control, scheduling, and project reporting. The Director must be creative and with proven project management ability, detail oriented and demonstrate aesthetic to design concepts within the Tiffany and Company vision and standards. The Director will manage the overall scheduling and budget of the projects while leading/collaborating with internal and external partners globally. Key Accountabilities: Strategic creative development and activations
Leadership and communication
- Partner with VP, Global Creative Strategy with ideation, project management and follow up for overall store and brand experience creative content strategy. This includes but is not limited to retail locations, selling environments, events and exhibits.
- Responsible for running of creative research and innovation, keeping abreast of design, trends, and competition to bring competitive advantage for the brand
- Lead the vision for creation of concepts and mood boards that convey strong messages and experiences through storytelling.
- Responsible for defining an actionable macro-plan and calendar of all yearly creative projects/activities with internal/external stakeholders
- Collaborate with VP, Global Creative Strategy in all areas of the department ensuring key strategies are developed, executed and communicated clearly globally with a concentration on EMEA and Asia.
Vendor management and activations
- Oversee direct management of EMEA & Asia markets for the Global Creative Strategy department. This includes performance and career development.
- Proactive and on-going strategic communication with global and local leadership and cross-functional partners to execute local projects/concepts as well as bring forward concepts for global consideration and activation.
- Be an ambassador for the department partnering with stakeholders, both internal and external to ensure both department and company objectives are achieve.
- Partner with internal designers & external agencies to create, organize and execute digital content for windows, in-store activations, Pop-up stores & events. This can include, though not limited to; video content, audio soundtracks, augmented reality, and projection mapping.
- At least 7-10+ years of experience in luxury, fashion & jewelry retail, branding and design industries
- Proven success with producing innovative retail store and selling experience environments and associated elements
- Organized and able to multi-task
- Great communicator - position requires interacting with many internal and external partners
- Mental agility - role covers many aspects of the business and requires team member to be able to jump between many topics
- Knowledge of Microsoft office programs (PPT & Excel are a must)
- Strong understanding of luxury, resort, digital, film and retail settings
- Knowledge of Adobe suite
- Global experience in global industries
- Experience leading projects in Asia, EMEA and the Americas