Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration. Any offer of employment is contingent upon proof of full COVID 19 vaccinations upon hire. Accommodations due to medical or religious reasons will be evaluated in compliance with the law.
The Design Associate position will report directly to the Head of Design, Lauren Licensed Products and Accessories and assist and support all aspects of design direction for global licensed products and accessories from initial concept to finished product. The Design Associate will be guided by the direction of the Vice President and will be a liaison between RTW concepts and licensee partners in helping to ensure concept continuity and seamless execution of licensed products.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Daily management of the licensing relationship with Lauren licensees: Rothschild/coats, Swim USA/swim, The Jewelry Group/jewelry, Echo/neckwear, cold weather hats, gloves and outerwear, Komar/sleepwear, Renfro/hosiery, Nagai/Japan hosiery, and Delta Galil/lingerie.
* Attend all licensee design meetings
* Support with calendar optimization and coordination of communicating between Licensee partners and RL team
* Develop relationships and partner cross-functionally with internal partners to fulfill the design needs of licensees (print, color, fabrics, trim, graphics, accessories and footwear inspiration).
* Coordinate seasonal concepts and design information to licensees: rig concepts, concept decks, prints, color, fabrics, graphics, trim and RTW, handbag and footwear sketches for inspiration and style direction.
* Coordinate licensed product for Lauren RTW seasonal style-outs/market showrooms
* Coordinate licensed product for Lauren RTW Advertising shoots
* Assist in design aspect of licensee seasonal presentations: concept presentations, line lists, look books and videos
* In-depth knowledge of product categories: shop competition, retail store visits, magazine and social media research
* On-going store/e-commerce visits: knowledgeable about Lauren product presentation, department positioning, competition and brand adjacencies.
* Active participant identifying new opportunities, market and style trends.
* Assist in developing gift giving initiatives
* Assist in approval process for packaging, product labels and hang tags.
* On-going research in corporate product innovation and product initiatives
* In-depth knowledge of Ralph Lauren Collection/Purple Label/Polo Men's and Women's, Polo Golf, RRL through library visits, archive product and advertising research, RL store visits and RL e-commerce visits.
* Maintain organization of product archives
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
* Creative, flexible and ability to think outside the box
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to navigate a complex, matrixed organization in addition to licensee partners with varied and goals and strategies
* Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and establish solid interpersonal relationships
* Strong client-service orientation and capacity for cross functional activities
* Highly detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
* Proficiency in Outlook, MS Office applications including Excel and Power point.
* Appreciation for the Ralph Lauren brand