Communications Director, EMEA
About Calvin Klein Europe B.V.
CALVIN KLEIN is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of CALVIN KLEIN brand products exceeded $9 billion in 2017 and were distributed in over 110 countries. Calvin Klein, Inc. employs over 10,000 associates globally. We were acquired by PVH Corp. in 2003.
Department and Team
The role is part of the Integrated Marketing & Communications team, who defines the Marketing & Communications Strategy for EMEA aligning all channels and countries and interacting with Ecom, Media, Creative Studio, CI, CRM
and external partners.
The team is based in our Amsterdam headquarter and has 3 key objectives:
- Increase brand engagement & consideration in the markets
- Drive traffic and conversion @ full price
- Be a pro-active business partner with all stakeholders, internal and external
The Communications Director, EMEA, is responsible for the development and
implementation of integrated communications plans and programs for Europe and the Middle East with the goal of increasing brand awareness, preference and sales. The shared mission is to turn Calvin Klein from a famous brand to a favorite brand.
- In close partnership with heads of Marketing and Communication of the European and Middle Eastern markets and based on global plans, directives and assets received from Global Headquarters, oversee the development of integrated communications plans which will deliver on business needs
- In close partnership with markets and Global Headquarters, develop a multi-tier influence strategy (inclusive of on and offline press, celebrities, influencers and brand advocates/tribes) across all brand categories (Underwear, Jeans, Sportswear, Performance, Kids, Fragrances, Watches & Jewelry) to increase brand visibility, favorability and desirability
- Manage the relationships with EMEA Communications agencies who help support the deployment of markets plans
- Work closely with Marketing and Media to ensure Paid, Owned and Earned efforts are synced and programs are fully maximized
- Manage EMEA budget and oversee countries’ budgets to ensure they are in line with goals
- Manage relations with the most important EMEA press (on and offline).
- In close partnership with Global Headquarters and EMEA teams, organize brand experiences (events, pop-ups, etc.) for both influencers/talent and consumers to help drive brand buzz and sales
- Manage corporate and crisis communications for EMEA markets in close partnership with Global Headquarters in NY
- Manage editorial requests in partnership with markets and agencies.
- Be on the lookout for potential partnerships which will drive brand preference. Manage talent/celebrity/influencer dressing requests and opportunities in line with the aforementioned influence strategy
- Responsible for overseeing the region’s local press releases
The Ideal Candidate:
- Ability to thrive in a very matrixed and multi-layered environment
- Ability to multi-task and deliver in a very fast-paced goal-oriented environment
- Creative thinker who puts the brand and the consumer first
- Excellent understanding of digital tools and key performance indicators (Earned Media Value, engagement rate, etc.)
- An established network in Europe with key agencies and press/influencers.
- A strong can-do & entrepreneurial mentality; ability to deliver projects throughout the full project management life-cycle
- A detail-oriented, ROI and data-driven (desire to see efforts link to conversion/sales), and creative eye, combined with the ability to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously
- A University or similar degree in marketing/economics, engineering, statistics/mathematics, computer science or related fields
- 10+ years successful track record in integrated communications for Fashion, Luxury or FMCG brands. Agency experience a plus. Global or Regional experience preferred
- Fluency in English (written and verbal); additional languages a plus
What You Can Expect from Us:
A company culture that fosters development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University
An international environment which respects diversity, equality, and individuality
A monthly home- office budget
A smart work program that empowers our associates to work from home in the Netherlands, within a flexible schedule
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.