THE ROLE & THE TEAM
As a Applied Scientist - Predictive Analytics in the Consumer Segmentation & Predictive Analytics team at Zalando Lounge, you will play a key role in deepening our customer understanding and help us to further de-average our customer experience using your knowledge in predictive modelling.
In close collaboration with teams across the business we leverage information to understand what drives our customers and create actionable customer level recommendations.INCLUSIVE BY DESIGN
At Zalando, our vision is to be the starting point for fashion - one that is inclusive by design. We only assess candidates based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We welcome applications from people of all gender identities, sexual orientations, personal expressions, racial identities, ethnicities, religious beliefs, and disability statuses. We only want to know why you're great for this role, so please avoid including your picture, age, and marital status in your CV as well.
We want to provide you with a great candidate experience. Please feel free to inform us of any accommodations you may need, so we can best support and assist you throughout the hiring process.
do.BETTER - our diversity & inclusion strategy: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/diversity-inclusion
Our employee resource groups: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/diversity-inclusion/our-employee-resource-groupsWHY YOU SHOULD BE INTERESTED
WE'D LOVE TO MEET YOU IF
- You will drive and own the development of core areas such as personalised marketing and customer development which have a direct impact on the daily business and the long term development of Zalando Lounge
- Develop existing and implement new predictive models that are used by our marketing channels as well as the business to de-average our customer experience
- You will be owning end-to-end Data Science projects, from research to deployment over to maintaining the models you built
- Work closely together with other tech, analytics and business teams across the company to enable data driven decision making
ZALANDO BENEFITSCareer Development
- You have at least 3 years of commercial experience in a similar analytical context with comparable questions
- You have an academic degree in an analytical subject, e.g. statistics, data science or its equivalent
- You already worked in a similar environment such as e-commerce or marketing
- Your work showcases applied experience in supervised and unsupervised modelling such as classification and clustering
- You are highly experienced with SQL, Python and its respective ML modules
- You have experience with distributed computing such as Spark (Databricks)
- Your work showcases your quick thinking and proactive attitude, which also means you keep on top of things in a fast-paced & changing environment. You are able to easily adapt to change and work independently
- We offer peer-to-peer performance reviews twice a year
- Learn and develop through our extensive Zalando training platform
- Join regular all-hands, team meetings, Q&A-sessions, and quarterly anonymous employee surveys to ask your questions and provide your feedback
- Support from an international team of experts; mentoring and professional development opportunities
- 2 days paid leave per year for volunteering
- Minimum of 27 holiday days per calendar year
- Online sports courses, wellbeing, and nutrition advice offered by Humanoo personal wellbeing coach app
- Mental wellbeing support by our Employee Assistance Program and professional consultants to help you find health resources
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation assistance available - subject to prior agreement
- Home office equipment available for hybrid working, to support you working from home
- Hybrid working model with 60% remote per week
- Opportunity to work from abroad for 30 (working) days per calendar year
- Access to the employee shares program
- 40% shopping discount on products shipped and sold by Zalando, and 30% discount on Zalando Lounge
- Discounts from a wide range of external partners
- Employee parents' forums and employee resource group
- Supported transition into and out of parental leave, with a buddy and re-onboarding plan
- 3 fully-paid child sick days per year
- Free counselling, assistance, and referral service for all matters concerning yourself and your family via the Fürstenberg Institute
It's the perfect time to join Zalando on our journey, from being a pioneer in the world of e-commerce, to the starting point for fashion in Europe. We connect customers, brands, and partners across 23 markets.
Help us drive digital and sustainable solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 49 million active customers through a team of diverse skill-sets, cultural backgrounds, and interests.
Our values: https://jobs.zalando.com/en/our-founding-mindset
do.More - our sustainability strategy: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/sustainability
Follow us on Instagram: instagram.com/insidezalandoPlease note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.