Quality Control Team Leader
- Vineland, United States
- Closing date
- 27 Sep 2022
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
To support all aspects of quality standards across all category divisions. To ensure that products are conforming with the agreed quality standards and non-compliances are dealt with effectively to avoid delays and shipment of defective products to the customer.
• Organize and allocate daily quality control activities considering priorities, capacity, and competences
• Utilize Warehouse System (SAP) to successfully execute all daily aspects of the quality operation
• Ensure stock is being restricted and requested in a timely manner in efforts to meet a 48-hour inspection deadline
• Review all non-compliances raised by the inspectors and validate defects and classifications
• Create non-conformance reports to be shared with global teams and vendors for resolution of defective stock
• Follow instructions from the global team/vendors for the resolution of the non-compliances and provide support to the QC Team
• Maintain the upkeep of multiple quality spreadsheets ensuring all data entered is accurate and submitted timely
• Main point of contact for the Quality Control Department with strong emphasis on email communication and follow through to help answer quality related inquiries
• Attend video conference calls and share business critical information with the team
• Partner with internal cross functional teams to ensure seamless inspection execution to maximize stock availability
• Manage reprocessing activities to ensure that products are repaired quickly and efficiently as possible
• Lead a small team to ensure all business objectives are being met and maintained including meeting production standards
• Measure employee performance by creating and sharing weekly and monthly production reports
• Cross train in all other supporting quality role and maintain a consistent skill set based on Burberry standards through periodic training and practical assessments.
• Responsible for the integrity and accuracy of all stock within the Quality area
• Responsible for ensuring inventory records and transaction activities associated with movement of material are accurately recorded in SAP
• Record key data and provide regular reporting/metrics internally, and to external finance teams
• Organize and manage all projects
• Monitor and submit the order for weekly supplies to ensure the team has the proper tools on hand
• Ensure housekeeping and reprocessing machines are maintained daily to promote a safe and clean work environment
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
• Excellent attention to details with strong follow through
• Self-motivated, requiring little to no supervision
• Results driven and takes accountability
• Ability to read, write and speak English
• Ability to work a flexible schedule/overtime as needed (before/after shift/weekends)
• Ability to be able to lift up to 50lbs
• Ability to be able to work in hot and cold conditions
• Supervisory experience in the Fashion Industry preferred
• Knowledge in the apparel industry preferred
• Previous Quality Control experience preferred
• Experience with RF equipment preferred
• Experience with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
• Intermediate or better in Excel (Pivot tables, write formulas, create metrics)
Be humble, supportive, and use positive motivation to inspire performance
• Adaptable to work well independently as well as part of a team
• Use effective communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, to achieve goals
• Embrace change, rise to challenges, and be flexible in prioritizing and multi-tasking
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
ability to meet global objectives for all functions within job classification
• Ability to meet accuracy, production standards, and deadlines for all functions within job classification
• Ability to communicate effectively, in a positive manner while promoting a positive message
• Ability to meet expectations while completing computer program tasks, related to reporting and workload distribution
• Ability to follow all policies and procedures
CONNECTING WITH OTHERS
Role will be required to provide direction as well as field questions and concerns. Role will also interact with other functions within the building including associates and leaders as well as NY headquarters, vendors, and other global teams
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: USA || New Jersey (US-NJ) || Vineland || SC CENTRAL OPERATIONS || QUALITY ASSURANCE & OPERATIONS || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert