We believe that difference sparks brilliance, so we welcome people and ideas from everywhere to join us in stretching what's possible.
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity.
Primary Purpose: The Learning and Development Coordinator will play a key role in launching a new 3 shift/7 day a week fulfillment center in North Las Vegas. This position will lead and coordinate the learning and development program for all employees.
This role will report directly to the Manager of Safety and Training.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Performance to...
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)onfulfillmentprocesses
- Schedule, manage, and conduct learning and development programs
- Use gap analysis to assist in the development of new training material and troubleshoot fulfillment processes
- Participate in departmental observations, RCAs, and coaching
- Assist in the administration of the fulfillment center's safety and health program
- Conduct safety observations, analytics, and recommend process improvements
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or 5+ years ofrelevant experience
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate with varied levels of leadership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
An outstanding professional will have (preferred skills and experience)...
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in distribution, manufacturing, or logistics environment
- Experience with learning management systems and conducting training
- Experience in EHS
- Expert skills in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Experience or training in injury prevention programs
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/