Shrimps is a fashion label from London-based designer Hannah Weiland, launched in 2013.
With a background in History of Art and Surface Textile Design, Weiland takes her inspiration from the witticisms of modern art and a playful engagement with pattern and texture.
Initially known for colourful faux fur outerwear, bringing the material to the luxury sphere and leading the conversation on cruelty-free fashion, Shrimps now has a full ready-to-wear offering and is renowned for its handmade accessories.
Shrimps is committed to avoiding discrimination of any kind when hiring, casting and choosing collaborators. Furthermore, we are actively working to improve our diversity of representation in these areas, each season discussing as a team how we can affect genuine, non-tokenistic improvement throughout the business.
We will endeavour to go above and beyond to facilitate requests for projects by or for underrepresented groups, and to approach individuals from such groups with opportunities for paid collaborations. Shrimps also supports numerous charitable causes with both one-off and ongoing contributions.
We are looking for a proactive and detail-oriented Logistics Assistant to support the Product department in the timely shipping of all materials, sampling, and production. You will work collaboratively with Product, E-commerce, Wholesale, and our external warehouse.
You will understand the different documents and processes involved in shipping goods around the world, have a knowledge of different freight methods and warehouse processes.
We are open to either part time more experienced candidates, or full time more junior candidates. For the right candidate there is flexibility to fit the role around your availability and the opportunity to work remotely.
- Building & maintaining strong relationships with current and new freight forwarders
- Supporting the Product team with all sample send outs and material movements, including creating packing lists and labelling items
- Freight cross costing and negotiation with different carriers to ensure best deals secured
- Booking freight and ensuring all documents are correct and provided to all parties
- Keeping detailed logs of freight cost comparisons as well as confirmed charges
- Company DHL and other courier account invoice coding
- Regular communication with the warehouse to book goods into warehouse and into zedonk
- Inputting goods in dates into the seasonal delivery trackers and sharing updates and delivered %’s to the team
- Regular stock taking of packaging and alerting the team when new orders needed
- Supporting the Head of Product in developing and pushing forward with sustainable packaging initiatives
- Zedonk ERP system entry, and general data management
- Problem solving any issues or delays (with the support of the Head of Product)
- Co-ordinating seasonal and yearly stock-takes, communicating with the warehouse and finance to ensure all information is accurate and ready in time
- Any other duties as required by the company
- Previous experience in a Logistics role
- Good knowledge of logistics, including all types of paperwork required for customs imports
- Confident using Microsoft excel
- Previous experience in Zedonk ERP system is an advantage but not essential as training will be given
- Solution orientated, flexible and organised
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
What we offer:
- Hybrid working - between our studio (London W10), and remote
- Flexible working – there is the opportunity to tailor the working hours around your needs
- 25 days annual leave
- Your birthday off!
- Summer Fridays – early finish on Friday throughout July/August
- Clothing allowance and discounted product
- Bike-to-work scheme and Annual Travel Card loans
- Annual bonus based on company performance
- Additional perks added continuously