Reports to: People and Culture Manager
- Every day the energy, creativity and passion of Manolo permeates through our business.
- We believe in the artist and the artisan; we are innovative while still protecting our heritage.
- We strive for timeless beauty and quality craftmanship.
- We celebrate curiosity and believe in working proactively and being solution focused.
- We believe in upholding family values; we treat everyone with honesty, respect and kindness while nurturing our teams to deliver excellence.
- We believe in making people smile.
Purpose: To proactively assist in developing the People & Culture function at Manolo Blahnik. This role is of a true generalist nature and will support MB employees across retail and head office. To build strong relationships with managers and employees at all levels to provide pragmatic and business focused solutions and recommendations. The role will support all areas of HR including recruitment, ensuring compliance of employment procedures, policies and employment legislation, as well as ensuring a best practice HR approach.
- Assist with employee relations advice for all employees and managers, providing comprehensive advice in line with current legislation, best practice and Company policies and procedures.
- Coach and support line managers to manage performance issues to a positive conclusion, ensuring the correct process is consistently followed.
- Complete employee relations correspondence all to a high level of accuracy.
- Manage employee probation periods, advise where necessary and issue letters alongside the People and Culture Generalist.
- Conduct exit interviews and track the feedback with recommendations to the People and Culture Manager.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and keep up to date on employment legislation changes ensuring these are reflected within MBIL P&C operations.
- Develop tools and templates to support the P&C function and all areas of the business.
- Drive the operational side of the business for excellence with new ideas and suggestions.
- HR Administration: Support People and Culture Generalist where required with general HR administration and processes.
- Recruitment: Support with recruitment as and when required from start to offer stage.
- Talent Planning: Support People and Culture Manager with talent management, succession planning and career meetings.
- Employee Engagement: Support in ensuring MB culture is one of engagement with a highly motivated workforce. Including supporting with the implementation of the employee engagement calendar and other initiatives, from ideas stage to coordination.
- Employer Branding: Support and contribute to employer branding activities including LinkedIn and Glassdoor strategy.
Learning and Development:
- Review training needs identified in performance reviews. Identify priorities for training programmes with Managers and work with the People and Culture Generalist to coordinate external L&D activity.
Projects and Internal Communication:
- Ensure the PCT page on the new intranet system is kept up to date and generate new content if needed.
- Prepare announcements and other PCT communications alongside the People and Culture Manager.
- Lead & Drive simplification, digitalisation projects.
- Identify actions to streamline our ways of working.
- Support the People & Culture Manager and Chief People Officer in the delivery of the P&C strategy and subsequent projects.
Any other tasks as requested.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 3-4 years’ experience in a generalist advisory role and ideally CIPD qualified.
- Experience within Retail is preferred – high street or luxury.
- Experience in building strong relationships with teams and stakeholders.
- Have an understanding and experience in several HR disciplines across ER, talent development & succession, recruitment, managing change & culture, L&D, reward, recognition, and OD.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are essential. Ability to interface with all levels with tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent organisational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively work on multiple tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and deliver under pressure.
- Able to balance priorities with the ability to handle the day-to-day workload as well as projects.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office products
- Understand and represent the brand attributes.
Skills and Experience Desired:
- Experience working within a generalist structure.
- Experience in delivering internal trainings.
- Previous International HR experience.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion:
Manolo Blahnik is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to preserving a caring, diverse and inclusive culture with people who feel a real sense of belonging. We recruit and reward based on capability and performance. Our diverse and multicultural teams ignite our creativity and we celebrate the differences that we collectively bring. We are committed to equal employment and progression opportunities and the elimination of any form of discrimination. We all hold a responsibility to recognise and respect our diversity and to support this in our words and actions.
If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
- 4 pairs of Ambassador Shoes per year
- 50% Friends and Family Discount
- 25 days holiday with an additional day off for your birthday, plus bank holidays
- Option to buy an additional 5 days holiday
- Hybrid working model (core hours 10-4pm and 10 ‘flexi’ days per annum)
- Pension Contribution
- X2 Executive Coaching Sessions per year
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policy
- Workplace Nursery Benefit – a salary sacrifice based childcare scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employment Engagement Calendar