- New York, New York
- Closing date
- 29 Sep 2022
- Entry Level / Assistant
- Full Time
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Across all brand touchpoints-from Bloomingdales.com to our newest small store concept, Bloomie's-everyone plays a critical role bringing our mission to life. Our inclusive culture promotes diversity of background, thought and opinion. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative, while having a lot of fun along the way.
Be on the front lines of a store like no other as part of our store management team: you'll lead, manage, and inspire a diverse and creative team in executing in-store success. Part business consultant, part relationship builder, and 100% leader, you'll contribute and collaborate to drive the business forward.
The Assistant Housekeeping Manager reports directly into the Housekeeping Manager and supports the daily housekeeping duties and responsibilities. The Assistant Housekeeping Manger must be capable of learning all of the duties and responsibilities of the Housekeeping Manager and fulfill those in the absence of Housekeeping Manager. They ensure best practices are executed and guarantee we provide our customer and with a consistently clean, neat and easy to shop environment to enhance the shopping experience. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide oversight and ensure colleague and customer compliance with all Health and Safety protocols.
- Actively support total store priorities and establish self as an available and engaged leader.
- Manage a team of 20 employees.
- Maintain supply inventory and purchase of housekeeping supplies.
- Maintain proper sanitation protocols at all times.
- Knowledge of OSHA.
- Execute staff onboarding and post onboarding performance development.
- Communicate clear expectations for service /support behaviors.
- Be a motivating leader to staff to constantly improve and exceed customer expectations.
Qualifications and Competencies:
Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
3-5 years related experience
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Highly organized and ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Dedication to providing the highest level of customer service.
- Works collaboratively across functional areas to achieve results.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color vision
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs
This job description is not all inclusive; additionally, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's, Inc. - including Macy's, Bloomingdale's, and Blue Mercury - is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Bloomingdale’s is America’s only nationwide, full-line, upscale department store and a division of Macy’s Inc. Currently we operate 37 department stores and an ever growing number of Bloomingdale’s The Outlet stores in 13 states as well as the always open and fashionable Bloomingdales.com. Bloomingdale’s also has an international presence in Dubai. We are currently looking for leaders who will help shape our future. At Bloomingdale’s, we seek talented creative people with a passion and entrepreneurial spirit who enjoy the fast paced, exciting world of retail. Having a strong interest in fashion as well as being a natural collaborator helps! In short, we want people with a desire to grow professionally as well as personally because at Bloomingdale’s we provide the tools for both. When you join the Bloomingdale’s family, you are now part of an organization deeply committed to giving back to the communities near and afar. Through strategic philanthropic marketing campaigns or local grass roots efforts, Bloomingdale’s is committed to making a difference. Although Bloomingdale’s is part of a Fortune 100 Corporation, we hold true to the family values of our founding brothers, Joseph and Lyman Bloomingdale. As large as we may become, we will remain intimate and operate Bloomingdale’s with the utmost integrity like a family run business. At Bloomingdale’s, we will always have passion for the business and compassion for each other. After all, we are like no other store in the world.
- (212) 705-2000
1000 3rd Ave
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert