Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Across all brand touchpoints-from Bloomingdales.com to our newest small store concept, Bloomie's-everyone plays a critical role bringing our mission to life. Our inclusive culture promotes diversity of background, thought and opinion. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative, while having a lot of fun along the way. Job Overview:
Be on the front lines of a store like no other as part of our store management team: you'll lead, manage, and inspire a diverse and creative team in executing in-store success. Part business consultant, part relationship builder, and 100% leader, you'll contribute and collaborate to drive the business forward.
The Assistant Housekeeping Manager reports directly into the Housekeeping Manager and supports the daily housekeeping duties and responsibilities. The Assistant Housekeeping Manger must be capable of learning all of the duties and responsibilities of the Housekeeping Manager and fulfill those in the absence of Housekeeping Manager. They ensure best practices are executed and guarantee we provide our customer and with a consistently clean, neat and easy to shop environment to enhance the shopping experience. Perform other duties as assigned. Essential Functions:
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Provide oversight and ensure colleague and customer compliance with all Health and Safety protocols.
- Actively support total store priorities and establish self as an available and engaged leader.
- Manage a team of 20 employees.
- Maintain supply inventory and purchase of housekeeping supplies.
- Maintain proper sanitation protocols at all times.
- Knowledge of OSHA.
- Execute staff onboarding and post onboarding performance development.
- Communicate clear expectations for service /support behaviors.
- Be a motivating leader to staff to constantly improve and exceed customer expectations.
Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
3-5 years related experience
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Highly organized and ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Dedication to providing the highest level of customer service.
- Works collaboratively across functional areas to achieve results.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive; additionally, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's, Inc. - including Macy's, Bloomingdale's, and Blue Mercury - is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. STORES00
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color vision
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs