- Peachy Den
- Dependant on Experience
- Closing date
- 22 Oct 2022
- Senior Manager
- Contract Type
- Full Time
A fantastic opportunity to join the Head Office of a successful and rapidly growing fashion business. We are looking to strengthen and build the finance function at Peachy Den and are looking for an experienced accountant who can grow with us and add value all the way.
We run a very active e-comm business and are experimenting with retail through pop up shops both here in the UK and further afield. We develop and design a large number of styles and options constantly. We have a growing supplier base in a number of territories.
We want to develop a first class finance function that will provide structure and allow us to monitor and control all of the businesses growing needs. We need to be able to monitor and to understand where we are spending in the areas of product development and sampling. We want to build and develop a costing methodology that monitors and tracks all of the production elements and allows us to review Gross Margin results at both a summary and granular level. We need to develop both financial and management reporting across the business. We will almost certainly need to implement an ERP in the coming months too.
To manage all of the day to day along with the reporting functions and control of the business. All of this has to be developed in an inclusive manor, educating and inducing the whole of the management team to buy into the process…
- To lead all aspects of Finance in the business Drive the continuous improvement of end-to-end accounting practices. Code and check invoices
- Make all Supplier and overhead Payments
- Check and reconcile supplier statements
- File invoices and statements
- Deal with purchase enquiries
- Process staff expenses
- Reconcile the Bank/ Paypal / Global-E
- Prepare and post monthly accruals, prepayments and journals for month end submission of the P&L and Balance sheet.
- Produce P&Ls for Sample Sales/Pop Ups
- Budget and forecast monthly/quarterly & annually
- Lead the analysis of monthly and quarterly numbers and presenting findings to the Director and Investors.
- Managing an end-to-end audit process of current systems – while acting as the first point of contact for external auditors.
- Dealing with working capital management and production of cash flow forecasts.
- Produce monthly Balance sheet Reconciliation
- Work alongside an external accountant responsible for payroll, VAT and HMRC processes
- Make Payments for Payroll and HMRC submissions
- Produce Management reporting – including sales reports weekly
- Continually identify risks to delivery, propose solutions where necessary and effectively manage stakeholder expectations throughout.
- Business Partnering with various stakeholders influencing day to day decisions, shaping strategy and the direction of the business.
- A qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA) with experience with budgeting, forecasting, product costing, business appraisal and analysis and understanding of governance and controls
- Ability to build positive relationships, with a collaborative approach that builds a network amongst colleagues
- Ability to influence non-finance colleagues at senior levels and become a trusted business partner
- A continuous improvement mind set, who can maintain and further improve controls and process Commercial awareness and excellent analytical skills
- Confident to challenge the 'business as usual', and an ability to handle change
- Working experience in a Fashion production environment advantageous
- Hands on experience in systems implementation and development
- Experience in DTC, E-comm in a Fashion or other FMCG environment
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
The Salary: Dependant on experience
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert