- Hugo Boss
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 15 Oct 2022
- Logistics & Supply Chain
- Entry Level / Assistant
Become a brand ambassador and be part of a team that works with passion, ambition and expertise to create excellent customer experiences. Be among the first to bring our collections from the runway to the customers! Join our team and explore career opportunities that are tailor-made for you!
An exciting junior buying role has been created in the Northern European business. The successful applicant will possess relevant buying experience and will demonstrate an ability to drive and grow a business. Hugo Boss UK is searching for a talented individual who is great communicator and has a proven track record within the apparel arena.
What you can expect:
- Plan assortment in partnership with Merchandising and Head of Buying
- Execute brand mix decisions for existing stores and new retail projects
- Form strong working relationships with Brand Management and ensure that market trends are identified and translated into the collection.
- Based on trend and forward prediction, the candidate must be able to identify the market needs and be well prepared to brief the Brand management teams.
- Ensure briefing of all market needs to EMEA/Global Buying/Brand are communicated effectively
- Ensure we have input in all stages of collection development and that all critical path deadlines are met
- Build assortment that reflects key design and concepts and newness through effective planning of flow of product throughout season
- Knowledge of best and worst sellers understanding reasons for and applying learnings going forward
- HhH Have a commercial eye understands volume and identify key trends
- Must be able to identify the individual needs of the different customers within our portfolio and demonstrate the ability to target the range accordingly
- Demonstrate a keen eye for detail and knowledge of shape and fit.
- Be able to visualise the outcome of a garment when presented with sketches and swatches
- Must be able to provide valid opinions, feedback and communicate point of view effectively
- Negotiate with other EMEA markets what the needs are from the Northern market and able to communicate POV effectively to key stakeholders
- Must be fully cognizant of bestsellers and where the potential is going forward
- Must be able to communicate the market needs effectively to European peers and be able to negotiate to a favourable outcome
- Effective communication both written and verbal with Retail Operations, Marketing, Brand Management, Visual Merchandising and Merchandising
- Presentation of seasonal buys to key stakeholders in the business
- Confidently communicate both written and verbally to the Senior Management team
- Visit stores on a regular basis and ensure qualitative feedback is captured from stores and be proactive on any opportunities learned that will have a positive outcome for the business
INVENTORY AND SALES MANAGEMENT
- Review delivery progress weekly - at style level - using tracker sheets.
- Identify potential new NOS, DDS (top ups) opportunities and/or consolidations
- Communicate with Allocation and Merchandising on a weekly basis (ad hoc and/or formal meetings such as trade)
- Proactively analyse and review sales, stocks & current trading patterns. Make proposals and generate enthusiasm on how to improve situations for business benefit.
- Set up additional analysis / tracker sheets to manage & influence business decisions within own department
- Assist Merchandising team with ad hoc analysis and consolidation planning
- Weekly bestsellers reporting
- Ad Hoc analysis and reporting
- Gather, assess and organise information from various different sources
- Sort information to focus quickly on priority issues whilst also considering views from experienced peers
- Take into account lessons learned when planning the next season
- Define strategies which protect the brand and trade whilst keeping Hugo Boss relevant to fashion customers/consumers
- Buy quarterly per year. Preparation and planning of showroom and retail data information.
- Build and maintain relationships with Wholesale team to gain understanding and potential in UK and Scandinavian market as a whole
- NOS and Seasonal maintenance
- Build strong partnerships with the Retail Ops team.
- Use Best & worse sellers from previous season to shape range. Reviews option counts & reviews framework with Merchandising Team
- Conduct store visits and competitor analysis on a regular basis
The candidate must be willing and able to travel, the role requires a certain amount of travel - both UK domestic and European/ Middle East.
- Multi-branded and brand buying experience at Junior Buyer level
- Extensive knowledge of the luxury market.
- Talents - The candidate must have strong communication skills, be organised, creative, and resourceful
- The candidate must be highly numerate and comfortable reading and understanding a range of reports
- Excel and PowerPoint, must be systems competent
- Competitive salary and attractive benefits including annual bonus
- Clothing and discount allowance
- Access to Health & Wellbeing Services (Headspace App and Retail Trust)
- 25 days holiday per annum plus statutory bank and public holidays
- A supported training programme in the role and development opportunities
- Hybrid working
We are a global company with our employees representative of the world at large. Our inclusive culture embraces each person's authenticity and individuality. We are committed to equal employment opportunity. And we believe our equitable work environment helps unleash your full potential and inspires you to thrive.
HUGO BOSS is one of the leading companies in the upper premium segment of the global apparel market with some 14,000 employees around the world. Diversity is what shapes our company and makes us strong. People from a wide range of different nationalities put their knowledge, skills and experience to work for HUGO BOSS. This ensures an impressive variety of ideas and solutions. What unites us is our passion for our products and pride in our work.
Our vision is to be the most desirable premium fashion & lifestyle brand, and therefore we put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
In order to address customers clearly and consistently, we offer two brands: BOSS and HUGO. While they are clearly distinguishable from each other in terms of their individual attributes and target customer, both brands embody our values of quality and fit, innovation and sustainability.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to advance your career as an expert or executive and are passionate about the fashion and lifestyle industry, you’ve come to the right place. Take the next step and find the perfect job for you.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert