About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer's spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what's next. About the Role
Your graphic design skills will help tell our brand story through compelling in-store and window presentations. An understanding of the relationship between 2D and 3D is fundamental to this role.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Produce conceptual drawings and boards for creative discussion, map creative in store drawings, produce specs and mechanicals for props and print and create guides to communicate with operational and field partners
- Able to read plans and elevations, understand scale and measurements
- Work with Production partners and vendors on prop research, development, distribution and budget.
- Able to prioritize, organize, multi-task, be flexible and develop creative solutions within extreme time constraints
- Needs can-do attitude, willingness to go the extra mile and see projects through to completion with strong attention to detail
- Physically install seasonal and special creative sets at HQ and at stores; candidate will need to be available in SF for this reason
Benefits at Banana Republic
- BFA in Graphic Design, Art, Industrial or Interior Design and 5+ years of experience in graphic design, 3D art/design, visual art/photography or visual display work
- Adobe Suite proficiency required; 3D rendering program knowledge a plus
- Microsoft Office, Keynote proficiency required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- May need to work early/late hours and travel when installing creative sets; able to lift up to 50lbs and work on ladders with tools (or be willing to learn).
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates - Non NYC
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates - NYC
Beginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).