THE ROLE & THE TEAM
As a Principal Product Manager in Zalando Marketing Services, you will lay the foundation for Europe's biggest fashion ad platform by owning and shaping the department's data platform.
ZMS is evolving rapidly, and with it so too is our demand for fast and scalable data and data storage solutions. As the Principal Product Manager for the Data Platform you will be responsible for developing our data platform strategy to support a diverse range of requirements and use cases including Machine Learning models, Real-time data serving, direct integrations and much more. INCLUSIVE BY DESIGN
At Zalando, our vision is to be the starting point for fashion - one that is inclusive by
design. We only assess candidates based on qualifications, merit, and business
needs. We welcome applications from people of all gender identities, sexual
orientations, personal expressions, racial identities, ethnicities, religious beliefs, and
disability statuses. We only want to know why you're great for this role, so please
avoid including your picture, age, and marital status in your CV as well.
We want to provide you with a great candidate experience. Please feel free to inform
us of any accommodations you may need, so we can best support and assist you
throughout the hiring process.
do.BETTER - our diversity & inclusion strategy: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/diversity-inclusion
Our employee resource groups: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/diversity-inclusion/our-employee-resource-groupsWHY YOU SHOULD BE INTERESTED
WE'D LOVE TO MEET YOU IF
- Guide the development of ZMS' data platform to drive value to ZMS stakeholders and select the right solutions to focus on by understanding the value they will generate for the department's needs and then move fast to successfully execute on your ideas. You are responsible for the platform proposition and business impact.
- Act as the owner of the ZMS data platform: set a clear vision, smart roadmap and ambitious targets and then report against those on a frequent basis.
- Work with dedicated engineers to create highly scalable solutions and build the data platform foundation that will shape the next generation of ZMS offerings.
- Manage complex and diverse inter-team relationships and lead company-wide collaborations with other data providing teams
- Be a mentor to other colleagues by showcasing deep expertise in your domain and acting as a role model for successful product management
ZALANDO BENEFITSCareer Development
- Expertise in developing data platforms, reporting and data insights solutions, extensive experience in product discovery and working backwards from the customer; strong business sense and a passion for solving problems that increase customer satisfaction and drive innovation.
- At least 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager / Product Owner, including direct experience with data platforms
- Ability to define and monitor your own KPIs in order to measure your impact and success of the product
- Customer focus and an eagerness to build new tech solutions. You constantly apply logical and easy-to-understand frameworks to break down complex multi-facetted problems and identify underlying patterns.
- Bridge the natural divide between business and technology and experience in agile working environments with cross-functional teams. You collaborate across multiple product areas to solve problems that matter and create clarity for audiences
- Experience in hiring, growing and leading product managers
- We offer peer-to-peer performance reviews twice a year
- Learn and develop through our extensive Zalando training platform
- Join regular all-hands, team meetings, Q&A-sessions, and quarterly anonymous employee surveys to ask your questions and provide your feedback
- Support from an international team of experts; mentoring and professional development opportunities
- 2 days paid leave per year for volunteering
- Minimum of 27 holiday days per calendar year
- Online sports courses, wellbeing, and nutrition advice offered by Humanoo personal wellbeing coach app
- Mental wellbeing support by our Employee Assistance Program and professional consultants to help you find health resources
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation assistance available - subject to prior agreement
- Home office equipment available for hybrid working, to support you working from home
- Hybrid working model with 60% remote per week
- Opportunity to work from abroad for 30 (working) days per calendar year
- Access to the employee shares program
- 40% shopping discount on products shipped and sold by Zalando, and 30% discount on Zalando Lounge
- Discounts from a wide range of external partners
- Employee parents' forums and employee resource group
- Supported transition into and out of parental leave, with a buddy and re-onboarding plan
- 3 fully-paid child sick days per year
- Free counseling, assistance, and referral service for all matters concerning yourself and your family via the Fürstenberg Institute
It's the perfect time to join Zalando on our journey, from being a pioneer in the world of e-commerce, to the starting point for fashion in Europe. We connect customers, brands, and partners across 23 markets.
Help us drive digital and sustainable solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to almost 49 million active customers through a team of diverse skill-sets, cultural backgrounds, and interests.
For more information check out this link: https://zms.zalando.com/
Our values: https://jobs.zalando.com/en/our-founding-mindset
do.More - our sustainability strategy: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/sustainability
Follow us on Instagram: instagram.com/insidezalandoPlease note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.