As a Principal Product Manager
(all genders) for Inventory Distribution in the Inventory Management Team
, you will shape products that ensure that our customers always have access to an attractive assortment with short delivery times, no matter where they are. Today, we offer an assortment of over a million different products from a network of more than a dozen fulfillment centers to our 38+ million customers across Europe. Due to this massive scale, achieving a more optimized inventory distribution is a huge opportunity to generate value for our customers. #CustomerFulfillment
The Fulfillment Core organization within Zalando is responsible for building and operating the fulfillment software platform, which is at the core of Zalando's platform strategy and ensures timely, efficient, and correct delivery of every one of our customers' 185+ million orders every year.INCLUSIVE BY DESIGN
At Zalando, our vision is to be the starting point for fashion - one that is inclusive by design. We only assess candidates based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We welcome applications from people of all gender identities, sexual orientations, personal expressions, racial identities, ethnicities, religious beliefs, and disability statuses. We only want to know why you're great for this role, so please avoid including your picture, age, and marital status in your CV.
We want to provide you with a great candidate experience. Please feel free to inform us of any accommodations you may need, so we can best support and assist you throughout the hiring process.
do.BETTER - our diversity & inclusion strategy: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/diversity-inclusion
Our employee resource groups: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/diversity-inclusion/our-employee-resource-groups WHY YOU SHOULD BE INTERESTED...
WE'D LOVE TO MEET YOU IF...
- Acting as an owner of your defined value stream, defining a medium to long-term roadmap and backlog. You will drive meaningful impact for the customer and business by defining relevant success measures aligned with our platform strategy and KPI framework and then driving towards those goals.
- In collaboration with other product and business leaders across Zalando, you will discover new product opportunities with a customer-centric mindset and in-depth understanding of the trade-offs in supply & demand matchmaking.
- You will own large-scale, complex initiatives that require close collaboration in problem definition, solution design and delivery across several product teams within our department and Zalando. In those initiatives, you identify strategic priorities in problem definition and define the ideal scope in solution design to deliver customer value and create business impact quickly.
- You back your intuition, ideas, and decisions through data-driven insights, a high degree of customer empathy, and a thorough understanding of our logistic network and Zalando's strategic goals.
- You apply repeatable best practice product methodologies in cross-functional teams, working backward from a verified customer or partner problem towards defining & designing solutions and delivering agreed outcomes.
- You author all important product documents, including a product roadmap, working backwards press releases, the definition of business requirements, as well as functional specifications.
ZALANDO BENEFITSCareer Development
- You are an experienced, data-driven and highly collaborative Product Manager with a strong analytical mindset and a track record in shipping customer and operations facing products, ideally in an online marketplace or e-commerce environment.
- You understand your customers, users, and your product's capabilities inside out. You have attention to detail and a deep love for a good metric that shows the quality and performance of your product.
- You are very analytical and enthusiastic about digging into data. You really want to know why this one performance metric changed by 0.5% in the last week.
- You can break complex problems up into bite-size pieces and can explain them to stakeholders and engineers. You can keep it really simple!
- You know methods to find the most valuable opportunities, slicing your solution to maximize return on investment and, therefore revenue, profit, or customer satisfaction.
- You have strong communication and stakeholder management skills and the ability to manage projects with many dependencies.
- You start with a "yes!" and remain a curious mind when challenged by stakeholders or engineers. You don't necessarily end with a "yes", though. You stay calm in times of uncertainty or ambiguous priorities and help the teams to gain focus again.
- Domain knowledge in logistics is not required, but beneficial.
- We offer peer-to-peer performance reviews twice a year
- Learn and develop through our extensive Zalando training platform
- Join regular all-hands, team meetings, Q&A-sessions, and quarterly anonymous employee surveys to ask your questions and provide your feedback
- Support from an international team of experts; mentoring and professional development opportunities
- 2 days of paid leave per year for volunteering
- Minimum of 27 holiday days per calendar year
- Online sports courses, wellbeing, and nutrition advice offered by Humanoo personal wellbeing coach app
- Mental wellbeing support by our Employee Assistance Program and professional consultants to help you find health resources
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation assistance for internationals
- If you work from an office in your role, a choice of office equipment to be delivered to you, to support you working from home due to COVID-19 safety
- Access to the employee shares program
- 40% shopping discount on products shipped and sold by Zalando, and 30% discount on Zalando Lounge
- Discounts from a wide range of external partners
- Employee parents' forums and employee resource group
- Supported transition into and out of parental leave, with a buddy and re-onboarding plan
- 3 fully-paid child sick days per year
- Free counselling, assistance, and referral service for all matters concerning yourself and your family via the Fürstenberg Institute
It's the perfect time to join Zalando on our journey, from being a pioneer in the world of e-commerce, to the starting point for fashion in Europe. We connect customers, brands, and partners across 23 markets.
Help us drive digital and sustainable solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 46 million active customers through a team of diverse skill-sets, cultural backgrounds, and interests.
Our values: https://jobs.zalando.com/en/our-founding-mindset
do.More - our sustainability strategy: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/sustainability
Follow us on Instagram: instagram.com/insidezalando
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.