The role requires a talented designer with both an inherent understanding of the Brand’s unique heritage and a connection to its evolving aesthetic under new creative leadership. This role will work with a stellar design team and a first-class in-house atelier to create and develop collections that continue to build Carolina Herrera as a global luxury house. This person is responsible for delivering exciting product season to season, combining innovative ideas with a luxury aesthetic.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Responsible for design development and research for current and Women’s Ready-to-Wear collections.
- Collaborate with the design team to create mood and inspiration boards for Creative Director to showcase new trends, inspirations, materials, and silhouettes.
- Research market trends and styles, ensuring comprehensive product and competitor knowledge and communicate knowledge as necessary through written and verbal presentations.
- Partner with Merchandising to develop commercial components of each collection. Ensure that product is consistent with market trends and adheres to the codes of the Brand and the business strategy.
- Bring passion, creativity, energy and inspiration to the team; possess the credibility to influence with conviction.
- Uphold design integrity and high quality execution throughout the entire development process from concept through to market.
- Be a creative innovator, leading to both commercial and creative success.
- Resonate and create continued excitement around the future of Carolina Herrera New York.
Skills & Experience:
- Fashion Design degree required
- 4+ years of experience in luxury ready-to-wear collections
- Strong aesthetic/understanding of luxury women’s wear
- In-depth knowledge of RTW design techniques and processes; draping and embellishments
- Strong experience working with in-house Ateliers
- Strong sense of style and color and exceptional taste level
- Must be proficient in ability to sketch and illustrate
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/D/F/V