FOOTWEAR PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT - COORDINATOR
We are searching for a meticulous, detail driven Footwear Product Developer with a passion for all things technical. Within this role you will work closely with our Designers, Production teams and suppliers to develop our footwear range. It's essential that you strive for impeccable quality and recognise all the tiny details that create an exceptional level of manufacturing, within luxury footwear specialism.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
· Work alongside the design team for all Kat Maconie collections. Creating technical specifications for product development, design meetings, colour planning, WS documents, packaging & supporting accessories.
· Manage seasonal product development tracking sheets & product critical path, following the production process from start to finish. Communicating daily with suppliers for all areas of sampling and production.
· Manage the seasonal material packs and materials within the sample development ensuring all production materials are in line with seasonal & brand specification
· Manage the complete fit testing process & relay all fit information to our supplier, as well as providing fit standards, notes, and measurements for the e-com & WS sales teams. Sign off grading with the QC/factory development teams for items with size specific detailing that may need to be scaled
· Communicate all product and range changes (within the development timeline) to wider team, including material / colour amends due to quality, price or other for e-com and WS exclusives
· Complete Sample organization (for all stages of the process), arrange all sample logistics and provide tracking for specific design, development, meetings and shoot dates, ensuring samples arrive in a timely manner and are prepared and ready for appropriate team. Keeping sample archive up to date within the studio and ensure seasonal disposal of items no longer needed.
· Work alongside production team to ensure any support with barcoding and labelling from a product specification level is supplied. Suppling all composition information to enable the production teams to prepare the seasonal range plans & production labelling. Updating the team with changes to product information whenever required.
· Help to track and plan range build and product drop timelines for exclusive e-commerce products, assisting with production tracking sheets with the e-com and WS teams
WHO YOU ARE
· 2 year minimum experience working in footwear development role, ideally for mid-market – luxury brands
· Degree or equivalent training in footwear specialism
· Excellent verbal and written English, with Italian, Spanish or Mandarin a strong bonus
· Highly organized with outstanding time management
· Proficient in Adobe suite (Illustrator & Photoshop essential, InDesign a plus)
· Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel or G suite applications
· Experience in footwear product testing will be a plus