Head of Marketing
Feng Chen Wang is a London and Shanghai based designer label founded by Fengchen Wang in 2015, after graduating from the Royal College of Art’s prestigious Fashion Menswear MA. Describing her aesthetic as “future-modern, authentic and multidimensional”, Feng focuses on technical deconstruction, creating unisex clothing that is functional but at the same time conceptual and personal, drawing on her life experiences and Chinese heritage.
The label is expanding and hence looking for an experienced global Head of Marketing. In addition to being exceptionally creative with a highly elevated aesthetic, this individual should be dynamic and a data-driven, results-oriented brand builder with a demonstrated history of identifying, planning, and executing successful social media, growth marketing and PR initiatives.
The label has an ecommerce DTC platform, as well as wholesale distribution globally including into mainline China, and two separate marketing teams in London and Shanghai. The role is London based, but travel to, and managing, the team in Shanghai will be essential. This is a strategic and hands-on creative role, and we are looking for someone with the experience and passion to lead and build our marketing teams across both teams and territories to bring year-round compelling marketing strategies to life and scale our revenues.
- Map out the brand building marketing strategy, with a clearly outlined year-round
- Action Plan within the defined budget in order to meet pre-defined KPI's and Objectives
- Support the Creative Director in global brand building, incorporating regional brand specificities.
- Craft, align and execute brand tone of voice and ensure brand consistency throughout all channels and online/offline presence
- Partnering with key internal and external business stakeholders, to formulate strategic marketing priorities with the goal of creating deep level of engagement with our target customers
- Constantly embrace an analytical mindset to measure, review and fine tune marketing tactics according to performance
- Lead the development of 360 concepts and deploy marketing tactics including social, digital, retail marketing, events and public relations to support key marketing objectives Inspire, motivate, direct and nurture a multi-country marketing team, in order to achieve the most innovative and successful results.
- In partnership with internal stakeholders, construct the year-round marketing budget
- Be the gatekeeper of the marketing budget through setting and measuring the KPI and ROI on all projects to maximize the budget effectiveness
- Accountable for the actual spending per action and project and the corresponding results
- Accountable to ensure that all financial reporting according to plan
Marketing project delivery
- Follow, flex, and evolve brand guidelines, brand voice, and tone
- Coordinate with internal departments to lead the development of creative assets (written and visual) and content creation for the brand, including seasonal campaign shoots, fashion shows/events, social media projects, native content creation, KOL partnerships and social content, to connect with target customers.
- Customize overarching content calendar planning, and orchestrate the content deployment across all marketing channels to satisfy needs of e-commerce and wholesale departments
- Talent/influencers: Select, cast and collaborate carefully with key talent/influencers which will brand build and create critical awareness; and monitor results
- Direct the PR agencies to run PR campaigns and creatively secure media coverage with both digital and “traditional” outlets
- Manage relationships with collaborative brand partners to negotiate and build robust marketing plans/programs, including content, social, brand activation, seeding, etc.
- Manage relationships with key retail partners to conceptualize and implement brand and retail activation that introduces the FCW brand to new markets and audiences.
- Write exceptional organic and paid social copy that is based on analytical research, and write engaging press releases
- Ensures the label’s image, identity, and brand standards are consistently maintained and enforced across all channels
Reports to CEO/Founder
Line management of the marketing teams in London and Shanghai. Currently 6 in total.
A successful candidate will possess the following:
- Passionate about the Feng Chen Wang label
- At least 8 years of solid experience in luxury marketing functions, with strong leadership and consensus building skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit, ready to roll up sleeves and get into action
- Proactive, creative thinker with a keen ability to execute efficiently; excellent organizational skills, able to juggle multiple priorities, navigate ambiguity, make sound decisions, and work collaboratively and cross-functionally in a fast paced cross-functional open office environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly discerning with an impeccable eye for detail; possesses a highly elevated personal aesthetic
- Extensive connections within the luxury marketing network is required, as well as with influencers.
- Digitally savvy. Experienced in the social media landscape in the west, as well as in China - including Red, Douyin, WeChat, Weibo and other social platforms Strong proven leadership, line management and strong interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should be able to drive big picture goals; work with people both in London and Shanghai with different backgrounds and temperaments, as well as know what motivates team members and effectively bring out the best in them.
- Adaptability and flexibility are key personality traits.
- Candidate must be an excellent communicator who can aptly explain their vision and strategy to their team as well as have open and frequent communications, and ultimately gain buy in from multiple stakeholders (internal and external)
- Able to work in a small company structure, with limited central services; and requirement to support rest of team wherever possible
- Strong business acumen with the ability to make decisions based on both data and intuition
We are looking to appoint someone to start as soon as possible.
To apply, please submit your resume along with:
- A cover letter detailing why you should be considered for the position
- Confirmation of your current salary level
- Two writing samples (can be short or long form copy, press release, ad copy, etc.)
- Two visual samples (visual creative of any campaigns you’ve developed/contributed to)