We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our team as a Junior International Sales Executive, working in a dynamic department focusing on fast international expansion. This role has the potential to develop into a Senior role within the Franchise team.
We are looking for someone to proactively work with various international accounts, consisting of Franchisees, Wholesale and E-Commerce, to maintain and grow the international Paul Smith business by undertaking seasonal showroom appointments, providing staff training and operational support to customers and implementing the Company’s seasonal brand strategy for international alignment.
The Franchise department operates in 20 countries covering 4 continents, Asia, Europe, Africa and Australia under various business models. The primary responsibilities are working with the Senior Sales Team in the department, liaising with key international markets to support day to day operation and to achieve set financial goals and various KPIs.
If you like the sound of what you’ve read so far, find out more about our company culture and the benefits we can offer you.
• Work collaboratively with the Franchise team to achieve healthy growth and to build a sustainable qualitative business.
• To have an in-depth product knowledge of the collections and conduct seasonal buying appointments for the Franchise territories.
• Maintain up to date knowledge of carry-overs, cancellations, sell-outs and price amendments during the selling period.
• Assist the Sales team in compiling training guides for customers ahead of each seasonal delivery.
• Assist with seasonal staff training, providing specialised knowledge on the relevant collections.
• Produce analysis of forward orders for the Franchise markets after each selling season including best/worst sellers, top performing categories and highlighting opportunities for growth in upcoming seasons.
• Monitor and manage delivery performance of customer orders and payment status by working with other relevant internal departments.
• Assist the Senior Sales team with seasonal projects in any relevant territories, such as new store openings, pop-up launces and events.
• Research new business opportunities for both online and offline development in existing as well as new markets.
• Communicate with customers to produce an in-depth analysis of product performance in each market at both sell-in and sell-out levels and discuss the feedback with the relevant teams.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
• A minimum of 2 years previous experience in Retail or Wholesale/Franchise Sales in a busy commercial fashion environment.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, specifically in Excel and PowerPoint.
• Experience of compiling reports and providing analysis and interpretation of sales data.
• Experience with Prima and Omnivue or similar systems would be advantageous.
• Has an understanding of Paul Smith competitors and what they are currently doing in the market.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to work with people at all levels of the business.
• A speedy, numerate, analytical, highly systematic and well organised individual.
• A helpful, collaborative and approachable team member who is also able to work to own initiative.
• Cultural sensitivity with the ability to work with business partners in disparate locations.
• Excellent telephone manner with proven customer service skills.
• Confident at delivering presentations.
• Flexible over working hours when necessary and able to travel if required.