IT Project Manager
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 6 Dec 2022
Founded in 1856 by Thomas Burberry, Burberry is a global luxury brand with a distinctly British attitude. We are a global business with an extensive network of both owned and franchised stores across EMEIA, Asia Pacific and Americas. We are digital pioneers, and innovative technology underpins every aspect of our business, from product design to distribution and marketing. We believe that modern luxury means being socially and environmentally responsible; this mindset is core to our business and key to our long-term success.
The Project Manager will lead on critical delivery of IT projects within the Product Development and Supply Chain Portfolio. They will lead across a complex multi-function, multi-vendor, global environment. You will ensure delivery balancing time, cost and quality while maintaining excellent stakeholder management.
- Leading projects end-to-end, from inception and vision creation through to acceptance in to service and support
- Manage project financials including initial business case, estimates, budgets and forecasts across Opex and Capex
- Proactivity manage a complex project stakeholder environment up to executive level across multiple internal functions and locations
- Lead and manage internal resource across a matrix organization and across a supplier landscape globally
- Define and manage a clear communication strategy across project team up to executive levels
- Create and maintain accurate programme-wide RAID log and ensure that the relevant parties are involved in addressing each factor
- Directly manage experienced workstream leads within the project of work
- Establish an approach for ensuring the realisation of benefits and the measurement of those benefits against the business case across the entire programme
- Close projects and conduct lessons learned sessions to capture and document the knowledge and ensure its availability to other programme and project managers
- Experience of delivering £250k-£5m projects/programmes on time and on budget
- Experience across multiple project delivery methodologies (waterfall, agile and hybrid)
- Ability to apply both creative and pragmatic thinking to problem solving
- Can work autonomously with excellent attention to detail
- Proven leadership and people management expertise, with the ability to prioritise activities and influence internal and external stakeholders to achieve results
- Self-motivated, driven and proactive; able to acclimate in a very fast-paced environment
- Ability to take a holistic view of the business case, using this to guide programme execution, and understanding of the broader context of decisions
- Strong judgement with willingness to take responsibility for project decisions
- Experience in the Retail industry, Product Development and Supply chain beneficial
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || IT || PRODUCT & SUPPLY CHAIN || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert