Garment Technologist and Quality Manager
As we grow Lily and Lionel's womenswear offer within the clothing and lifestyle sector, we are looking for a highly motivated candidate to take the business to the next level.
Essential factors of the successful applicant are; good knowledge of pattern cutting, grading and the construction of the garment/product and a well organised and methodical approach to work, driven by attention to detail.
- Responsibility for the development, fit and quality of all garments/products from design sample through to production sample through to final bulk delivery at warehouse ensuring at all times they perform to specification and quality
- Maintain seasonally and monitor for each collection approved grading based on the company's grading rules.
- Working closely with the Creative Director, managing fit sessions, measuring, assessing and fitting samples prior to fit sessions and to ensure quality standards are adhered to, reporting back to the Creative Director and Production Manager with comments
- Providing clear instructions to overseas factories and suppliers with amendment images/drawings where necessary
- With production commenced, check all in line production inspection reports from QC team overseas along with selected production samples
- Managing test reports, approving fabric testing and care labels along side working with factories and overseas QC to improve standards,
- Managing all product development in line with critical path- monitoring and updating product status
- Resolve any issues as appropriate with the design, sales and production team
- Once bulk product has been received, visiting the warehouse and checking quality of make, fabric and trims
- Understanding both Wholesale and E-Commerce customers returns to constantly improve the company’s brand, production and collections.
- Maintaining and improving the company’s Technical and Quality manual and processes, their usage and adoption within the overseas QC team and supplier base