Sportswear Product Developer
Casablanca are looking for an experienced PD to join their team. This role would be overseeing the development of all Sportswear, Active and Swimwear styles.
- Following the development of high complexity styles within the Sportswear ranges from initial design allocation through to production sign off.
- Support in the planning of seasonal structure to ensure on time delivery of samples with the in house atelier and external vendors.
- Building a strong relationship with the design, atelier and production teams, acting as their main point of contact throughout the development lifecycle.
- Assisting in the process of material sourcing and development as needed.
- Attending fittings and advising design on technical feasibility, passing on all comments to suppliers and problem solving any issues.
- Experience with suppliers in Portugal, Italy and Far East, and good knowledge of their ways of working/timings.
- Drawing on advanced understanding of sportwear techniques and construction to ensure best execution of the design teams vision and to advance the product.
- Plan and oversee costing during sample to ensure developments meet target pricing while balancing commercial awareness and creativity.
- Complete detailed tech packs for SMS launch and update with all changes at production handover.
- Ensure accurate and timely entry of data for all product information in Zedonk.
- At least 5-8 years experience within Sportwear. Strong costing and negotiation skills Good knowledge of garment construction. Good understanding of textiles and knowledge of fabric and trim suppliers Highly organised, working well independently as well as part of a team Ability to prioritize, manage and coordinate diverse activities simultaneously Excellent communication skills Highly proficient in MS office applications, Photoshop and Illustrator Zedonk experience would be an advantage