Casablanca are looking for an experienced Atelier Coordinator to join our team. This role would be working with our Senior Garment Technician.
- Organising and chairing the sketch sign off meeting with Design, Development and Atelier to discuss creation of each style. Once a pattern cutter has been allocated, organise the hand over with design of the sketch and all details.
- Responsible for the Patter tracker. Assigning each style a code and logging designer, developer and assigned pattern cutter information. Logging all fitting and status updates so the tracker is always up to date.
- Casting and booking models for both development and production fittings. Signing off invoices and tracking all costs in a budget.
- Booking in fittings, allocating time slots to each garment category and notifying all relevant staff.
- Checking status of toiles, and what will be ready for each fitting, both within the atelier and with the development team regarding any external samples. Sending out a list of styles before each fitting.
- Setting up fitting space, ensuring all accessories and equipment are ready and organised.
- Taking detailed and accurate fit notes, passing on the comments to pattern cutters, and keeping a copy on the online system for other team members to access.
- Taking fitting photos and uploading to the online system.
- Liaising with external digitisers to digitise and grade patterns.
- Main point of contact at all times for the status of each pattern, toile and in house sample.
- Keeping track of all trim and internal components that go into each garment made in the atelier.
- Making sure pattern cutters and fabric cutters have filled out all necessary paperwork to go with each style for development and production handover.
- At least 3-5 years experience within a similar role
- Highly organised, working well independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise, manage and coordinate diverse activities simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Gerber or willingness to learn.