Commercial Procurement Manager
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
Occupying a position within the Commercial Procurement team this role is responsible for partnering with various business areas within Burberry to deliver optimum commercial outcomes and deliver directly to Burberry's P&L. The Commercial Procurement team have a global remit working across the central corporate function and locally with individual regions.
This role will support both strategic projects and day to day activities across Travel, Corporate Card programme and Expenses and work with a range of stakeholders across our offices in Leeds, London and the Regions. The primary responsibility of the role will be as Category Owner for Travel, Corporate Cards and Expenses and governance of Burberry's travel and expenses policy and corporate credit card policy.
• Category management for Global Travel, Corporate Card Programme and Expenses, and to provide support as required within Services Procurement (non-stock procurement)
• Engaging and managing stakeholders and suppliers
• Development and implementation of procurement strategies
• Work with Legal and Info-Sec to ensure quality contracts are in place with credible suppliers
• Provide regular reporting on savings, projects and supplier performance
• Take an active role in lifting the activities of the procurement team to World Class Excellence level
• Participate in ad hoc projects to support Burberry growth providing expertise procurement input
• Extensive operational and commercial experience in Procurement, as broadly as possible
• Experience of forming and managing effective Stakeholder and Supplier relationships.
• Highly commercial and numerate
• Great customer facing skills
• Ability to deliver tangible results whilst working in a challenging and ever changing environment
• Ability to face and resolve multiple issues in a collaborative manner
• Good Excel /analytical and presentation skills
• CIPS desired
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to flex between highly strategic thinking and 'getting the job done'
• Collaborative, pragmatically minded individual that brings others with them on a journey of cultural change
• Self-motivated, high energy level, and a positive attitude
• Comfortable working in a flexible environment
• Strong negotiator, demonstrated resilience and ability to respectfully challenge while maintaining balance and warmth of professional relationships
• Flexible, prepared to get into the detail, as well as see the big picture
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || NO DEPARTMENT - FAT9024 || n/a ||