Tailor/Fitter - Women's, Full Time, 59th Street
- Day-1 Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits for eligible colleagues
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Holiday Time-Off & Flexible Scheduling
- Instant access to earned wages with PayActiv
- Enhanced benefits: pet, home & auto insurance & more
- 401(k) plan options available
- Bonus earning opportunities
- Growth potential opportunities
- Employee Discount at Bloomingdale's & Macy's Stores
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
A Bloomingdale's Alteration Support Professional plays a critical role in the daily operations of our store. To deliver our mission statement to be like no other store in the world, our Alterations Professionals possess speed, attention to detail, collaborative spirit and teamwork to drive an easy and fun shopping experience for our customers. Each day provides our Alteration Support Professional detailed role responsibilities such as to sew garments, perform basic to advanced level alterations on garments including, but not limited to, sleeves, backs, sides, collars and bodices, do minor repairs, replace buttons - just to name a few.
- Present a pleasant, knowledgeable and positive attitude to our customers
- Provide detailed information about alterations services and value and respond to customer inquiries
- Deliver quality work first time and on time meeting customer specifications to reduce waste and achieve profitability
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years direct experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, color vision and climbing ladders
- Frequent use of computers and other technology necessary to perform job duties, including handheld electronic equipment.
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs
Candidates in Colorado: Click here for Pay Range and here to learn about Benefits .
Candidates in Connecticut: Click here for Pay Range
Candidates in Nevada: Click here for Pay Range