Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that's run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand - our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We've built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what's next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we're headed, we'd love to have you join us.About the Role
This position leads the Field Visual Merchandising teams for Gap Specialty and is responsible for the development and implementation of visual direction and presentation that drives the overall brand positioning and specific product and seasonal messages for the GAP Brand.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Individual must be able to provide creative leadership; to inspire, and to identify and develop the talent within the team.
- Must be able to gain alignment on seasonal visual presentations with senior leadership team during walkthroughs and presentations.
- Must be able to build, train, develop and motivate a growing team and able to partner effectively with key cross-functional teams to ensure the proper execution of the vision for the brand for the season.
- Must be able to build strong cross-functional relationships with all business partners including Store Leaders, Marketing, Design, Merchandising, Store Operations and Store Design.
- Must be able to develop and maintain a creative environment that fosters innovation.
- Responsible for development and production of all visual merchandising communication vehicles. Uses strong communication skills (verbal, written and visual) to ensure consistent execution of visual direction in all stores through HQ and Stores visual teams.
- Manage fixture sourcing and rollouts with partnership from store design, procurement, and store operations.
- Manage and maintain store mapping process.
- Manage and maintain store levels systemecords in partnership with key cross-functional partners.
- Develop and maintain Visual Presentation Standards.
Benefits at Gap
- 50% Travel required
- Background in a fashion related industry preferred.
- Experience leading in brands in high growth modes is a plus.
- Strong demonstrated Drive for Results
- Strategic Agility: can anticipate future trends accurately and can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans
- Must have strong Conceptual and Innovation Management skills; has good judgment about which creative ideas will work and how they will play out in the marketplace
- Strong Command and Presence skills; have strong leadership skills and a point of view
- Proven track record of Building and Developing Highly Effective Individuals and Teams
- Must be highly Organized and able to Balance the Creative and Operational needs of the role
- Possess Composure; can remain cool under pressure; does not get knocked off balance by the unexpected; able to lead self and team to produce quality work quickly under pressure of constant deadlines.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Salary Range: $156,400 - $207,200 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.