General Maintenance Assistant
We are looking for a flexible, committed General Maintenance Assistant to assist the Maintenance Team in carrying out general repairs, maintenance and PPM works, statutory testing requirements and general improvements to our UK property portfolio, mainly in London. A full, current UK driving licence is essential for this role.
Please note, this role is not eligible for sponsorship in the Skilled Worker visa category.
• To assist and carry out general repairs, maintenance and any other reasonable requests to shops, offices and any other building / property within the company.
• Moving furniture, large items; maintenance supplies, equipment, and other miscellaneous items from site to site.
• Maintain the general upkeep of the departments dedicated vehicle.
• To complete PPM and Statutory testing requirements.
• Ensure the workshop spaces are kept in a tidy, organised, and well stocked condition.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
• To be educated to GCSE level with a minimum grade C in 5 subjects including Maths and English.
• Full, current driving licence.
• Proven experience in a role associated with maintenance or the building trade / general labouring including minor decorating as and when required.
• Work methodically with attention to detail.
• Able to plan, organise and prioritise to set deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills; able to liaise effectively and build relationships.
• The ability to work on own initiative; be flexible, hardworking and reliable.
• Good listener, able to take instruction and good interpersonal skills.
• Flexibility over working hours is essential for this role.
• Able to lift the Health & Safety requisite limits.
Additional benefits for this role include:
• Breakfast allowance when on an early start (before 8am)
• A 'uniform' each season consisting of 2 pairs of Paul Smith jeans and 3 Paul Smith T-Shirts.