User Experience Lead, China
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
- Burberry are looking for a Senior User Experience Designer with strong digital credentials across large scale desktop, tablet and mobile projects. Candidates must have proven experience in creating groundbreaking solutions that meet business objectives and deliver the best possible user experience.
- As a key member of the UX team, you will be using your experience and talents in collaborative, agile projects to deliver great experiences across mobile, tablet and desktop. Working on core platform projects you will have exposure to the full breadth of the business to deliver solutions on a cutting edge IT infrastructure. As an enthusiastic, driven UX practitioner you will lead a team to get under the skin of the business to understand requirements and create experiences to the highest standards embodied by the Burberry brand
- You will work collaboratively with designers, developers and business analysts to develop user experience solutions in an agile project delivery.
- You will solve complex problems by applying methodical thinking, logic and pragmatism.
- You will be challenging established thinking and championing new ideas to stakeholders in the business.
- You will be someone who puts rigor into everything you touch to ensure it is comprehensive.
On a day to day basis the role will involve:
- Helping project management teams to organise the agile delivery of
- interdependent projects.
- Planning workstreams for UX designers in delivery teams and overseeing their work to provide feedback and direction.
- Working with other senior UX designers to codevelop strategic omnichannel proposals and roadmaps for their delivery.
- Liaising and collaborating with all delivery team disciplines (business analysts, product owners, designers, developers).
- Presenting design solutions to delivery teams and wider groups of business stakeholders.
- Customer research and profiling.
- Helping to identify and document business requirements.
- Production of UX deliverables such as flows, IA diagrams, wireframes and prototyping.
- Heuristic evaluations and Competitive analysis.
- Preparing and conducting user research and usability tests.
- Experience leading a UX delivery team, working across platforms in an agile or iterative process.
- Deep understanding of best practice UX approaches and how to apply them.
- Engaging and building relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Worked with crossfunctional teams effectively in everyday tasks.
- Experience of developing eCommerce experiences across different connected devices.
- A familiarity and appreciation of the strengths and weaknesses of a range of technologies is useful.
- Demonstrated experience using web analytics data to inform design decisions.
- Encompass knowledge of motion design (in specific relation to transitions) as well as
- visual/interactive/interface design trends.
- Use Axure, Omnigraffle, Balsamiq Mockups, Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office.
- A solid academic background in humancomputer interaction, product design, creative or related field. Computer Science, Social Science or Arts degree a bonus.
- At least 6 year's industry experience working across large websites, tablet and mobile.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: China Mainland || Not Applicable || Shanghai || DIGITAL || CHINA - BURBERRY.COM || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert