Quality Assurance Technician (FTC Contract)
- Piacenza, Italy
- Closing date
- 3 Jul 2023
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
To work at vendors and factories to make sure that products being produced meet the highest possible quality standard.
• Manage Quality Control and Quality Improvement activities that aim to elevate the quality of the products shipped to Hubs
• Work proactively with Vendor/Factories to provide technical expertise
• Offer coaching, support and guidance where required to prevent quality failure or improve operational competence
• Manage the Vendor Quality Accreditation Programs in the vendors
• Carry out comprehensive Factory Assessments of the manufacturing facilities and determine opportunities for improving their quality system and liaise with the vendor to initiate corrective actions
• Train internal and external QC team, Third Party, Vendors and associated sub-contractors QC's to Burberry Quality standards and ways of working
• Conduct handover/pre-production meetings with Product Engineering team & vendors to risk-assess styles
• Perform in-line and final AQL product inspections to assure product complies with Burberry quality standards
• Review Field & Hub NC reports and drive Vendor/Factory accountability to corrective and sustainable action plans
• Monitor vendor's quality performance through KPI reports and act where necessary
• For critical quality issues, liaise with the Technical Department to initiate root cause investigation and corrective actions
• Work closely with Vendors' Internal QA Managers to ensure all due diligence activities are executed prior to dispatch
• Visit external partners (printer, embroidery etc.) to check the production and investigate problem root causes where needed
• Support Product Engineering team in the field where needed review and approve PPMS / TOP samples
• Support Global Sourcing team by providing production information when needed
• Communicate and resolve issues with cross-functional teams, vendors and suppliers as necessary. Participate in projects to improve QA processes
• Ensure vendors and business partners are accountable and align with the Burberry understanding of luxury. Support and identify opportunities for elevation and improvement where required.
• Promote a quality mindset with a goal of 'right first time'
• Product and Manufacturing knowledge as relevant to area of responsibility
• Understanding of QA process; statistical analysis including AQL audit techniques, traceability controls, defect trend analysis & product testing process controls/tools.
• Raw material and finished product testing knowledge
• Demonstrated quality assurance /production experience in a related field of similar scope and complexity.
• Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
• Good communicational skills
• Ability to work independently with a high level of initiative
• Persuasive communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficient level of numeracy
• Highly motivated and flexible to changes
• Result oriented, self-motivated, dedicated, enthusiastic and energetic
• Adherence and commitment to integrity and protecting Burberry Brand
• Ensure highest level of work efficiency and maximization of resources by adhering to planned work schedule.
• Available for frequent travelling
• Printing expertise and Knitwear specialist are preferred
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: Italy || Not Applicable || Piacenza || SC CENTRAL OPERATIONS || QUALITY ASSURANCE & OPERATIONS || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert