Please note that this role is a 6 month FTC
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
- Manage all aspects of chargebacks on US ledger
- Process daily wholesale receipts on US ledger
- Provide all necessary reporting on chargebacks, bad debt US & GB, cash forecasting & AR movements for US ledger
- Attend regular meetings with US team to present and resolve chargeback issues
- Monthly reporting across Credit
- Support collection of US debt
- Process and review account reconciliation, resolve client discrepancies and short payments
- Minimise percentage of overdue debt and bad debts by resolving chargeback deductions
- Enlist the eﬀorts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the resolution of chargeback issues.
- Establish and maintain eﬀective and cooperative working relationships with other areas of the business
- Respond to a signiﬁcant number of ad hoc queries, and analysis as required, prioritising work eﬀectively to ensure that these are responded to on a timely basis
- Ensure compliance with the Group Policies, including operating of internal controls over ﬁnancial reporting
- Stakeholder Management with both internal and external parties
- The role may require work on some weekend/public holidays for half year and year-end periods.
Qualiﬁcations & Experience
- Experience within a Finance/Accounting team preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Ability to manage workload independently and be self-motivated
- Track record of working well under pressure to achieve deadlines
- Intermediate excel skills - vlookup / pivot tables
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to convey information succinctly and concisely to non-ﬁnance team members.
- Builds eﬀective relationships through interpersonal skill and technical expertise to aid cross-functional working, delivery and a sense of collaboration and teamwork.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.