Sr. Merchandise Planner
Jonathan Simkhai is searching for a Planner. This role will support all departments on the financial success across all categories by meeting or exceeding sales, gross margin and inventory turn goals. As a planner, you will be responsible for tracking performance metrics, executing seasonal OTB, developing department and classification strategies, and ensuring margin and sell through targets are achieved in season.
- Execute weekly, monthly, and seasonal financial reporting on wholesale and DTC sales performance, and identify opportunities and/or risks for the business.
- Forecast inventory levels needed to support replenishment and monitor product performance to optimize inventory across all channels. Devise the markdown strategy for merchandise based on sell-through and product life span.
- Analyze monthly profitability by account against vendor plans and OTB. Prepare seasonal analysis prior to market to identify missed opportunities within the business as well as inventory health levels and margin targets
- Partner with Buyers and Merchandise Planners to develop and maintain vendor plans and OTB. Work closely with retailers’ merchandise planners to dive into door allocations for key accounts and ensure product is flowing to necessary channels to maximize selling.
- Manage inventory flow with logistics to ensure monthly and quarterly shipping goals are being achieved.
- Drive the replenishment model for core program to forecast fabric buying.
- Conduct seasonal product hindsight reporting by channel and classification to support future strategy development and line planning to improve adoption rate and margins, and ensure WS and DTC needs are being fulfilled.
- Analyze and report on quarterly financial performance for top management, and identify missed sales and growth drivers over previous year.
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with cross-functional partners to provide ad hoc reporting as the needs of the business evolve.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of relevant planning experience
- Advanced excel skills
- Comprehensive understanding of retail math
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills
- Organized and able to multitask
- Personable, team oriented and capable of developing strong working relationship with internal and external partners
- Must be located in the LA area for a hybrid role
Established in 2010, the Jonathan Simkhai brand provides luxury ready-to-wear for the modern woman. The core aesthetic philosophy plays with the tension of feminine strength and sensuality; this is reflected in the employment of customized fabrics, romantic detailing, linear lines, and contoured silhouettes. Through designs that seek to embolden women with confidence and ease, the brand represents modern versatility. As a 2015 winner of the prestigious CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund, Jonathan Simkhai continues to redefine the 21st century wardrobe and reinvigorate American fashion.