Neiman Marcus Group (NMG) has been the premier destination for luxury fashion and goods, superior service, and an elevated retail experience for more than a century. Today, 9,000 associates contribute to the success of NMG's brands: Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Last Call, and Horchow. There are 38 full-line Neiman Marcus stores in cosmopolitan markets across the United States and a sophisticated digital platform that attracts shoppers worldwide. Bergdorf Goodman operates two stores in landmark locations on Fifth Avenue in New York City and BergdorfGoodman.com, catering to loyal luxury customers globally. NMG also owns five Last Call stores and Horchow.com, an e-commerce site that offers premium furniture and home decor.
As an organization, NMG is on a transformational journey to become the preeminent luxury customer platform. NMG continues to deliver the best integrated customer experience and has evolved the business to succeed in the ever-changing retail landscape. NMG is a relationship business. What differentiates the organization from other luxury retailers are its unique assets: a strong store footprint, the most knowledgeable associates, an engaging online experience, solid brand partnerships, innovative digital and in-store experiences, the most loyal luxury customer base, and a strong balance sheet.
Our customers will always be at the center of everything NMG does. The company continues to reinvest in new technologies that enhance the customer experience. NMG meets customers where they are. NMG's goal is to offer customers a seamless experience across its stores, online, and remote digital selling.
NMG's priority is to develop a highly engaged and high-performing team where everyone belongs. The business attracts and retains best-in-class talent through unique offerings provided to associates in addition to standard employer benefits. These include an innovative way of working, associate discounts on merchandise, tuition reimbursement, associate hardship fund, and paid time off to volunteer, to name a few.
As part of NMG's Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) work, the organization is focused on driving its core value of being "All Heart." NMG is also assessing its current environmental and social impact while developing a three-year plan to lead the luxury industry in its commitment and transparency to environmental and social sustainability. NMG strives to become an employer of choice, driven by a culture of Belonging. A dedicated team focuses on this journey, directly impacting how NMG conducts business throughout the workforce, workplace, and marketplace dimensions.
NMG has incredibly passionate and committed corporate and store associates. NMG offers associates an environment where everyone feels welcomed, nurtured, and empowered. Our associates are the heart of NMG. As an organization, NMG leads with love - love for customers, love for associates, and love for brand partners.
This position is for a Manager of Payment Evolution (Omni-Channel Commerce) who will help us plan, design and execute omni channel payment strategy to support online as well as in-store payment experiences.
This role will be responsible for managing multiple payment capabilities in our Omni-Channel commerce areas - Web/Mobile/POS and other selling channels leveraging their knowledge of Cloud native skills, Web & mobile application technologies, REST/Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), commerce platforms and databases (NoSQL and Relational).
The successful candidate must be highly effective and influential in a matrix structure of functional business areas, building teams and IT sourcing strategies. The successful candidate will be a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of building well architected systems delivery on time and on/under budget, and obsession about the customer experience. Must have very strong technical background to participate, solution and challenge technical solutions.
Qualified candidates have extensive experience building product roadmaps, working with product owners to prioritize the backlog, champion progressive thinking and delivering products/tools & capabilities that meet rapidly evolving business needs. Primary Responsibilities
Essential Abilities, Skills, and Experience
- Manage, maintain, and improve omni-commerce integrations with multiple payment providers
- Enable secure and frictionless payment capabilities
- Lead and develop software engineering teams to deliver high quality products within scope, on time and to budget
- Drive strategy through influence with leadership qualities which engineers recognize and respect
- Innovate and lead explorations into new technologies and strategies
- Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Manage a team of software engineers, ensuring high quality of work coupled with high speed of delivery
- Be responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects
- Develop community of practices to facilitate discussions with technical team on platform-wide considerations, driving improvement and efficiencies, and providing leadership
- Coordinate software development resources in support of the overall Product roadmap
- Collaborate with leadership and teams within technology, product management, business units, brands and across external alliance partners
- Foster continuous improvement and innovation; ability to accept and lead change initiatives throughout the organization
- Build POCs using NodeJS, ReactJS, AWS Serverless tech stack, Spring boot, Docker and other cloud native tools and frameworks
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Information Technology, Information Systems Management, Computer Science, or related field(s)
- 5+ years' experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available web/mobile applications including 2+ years as a hands-on Technical Lead
- 2+ years' experience with data integration patterns and approaches (APIs, Microservices, Pub/Sub, Batch, Streaming, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience working with distributed teams
- 2+ years' experience working with Retail store clientele applications in Agile blended teams with business operations, product management
- Experience in rearchitecting legacy applications and systems to cloud using Cloud native architecture and technologies
- Deep knowledge of API (REST, GraphQL), API Management and building scalable and high-performance Web APIs
- Extensive experience with at least 2+ years hands on experience with AWS or similar (Serverless technologies, AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, Kinesis Streams, SNS, SQS, Cognito, AWS Cloud Formation, S3, VPC, etc.)
- Experience developing apps with React Native, iOS, Android is a plus
- Strong understanding and experience of Cloud Native Architectures, IAAS, PAAS (e.g., ECS, EKS, Cloud Foundry)
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems fundamentals
- Strong understanding of databases, NoSQL data stores, storage, and distributed persistence technologies
- Strong communications and presentation skills.
- Passionate about enabling next generation experiences.
- Strong understanding and experience leading teams using Agile and Scrum principles.
- Experience with automated testing, deployment pipelines and cloud-based infrastructure.