Safiyaa is a British luxury womenswear brand founded by Daniela Karnuts, stocked by leading luxury department stores such as Harvey Nichols, Net-a-Porter.
The creative office is based in central London, whilst the brand has its sampling and production Atelier in Tottenham, where the developments and most made-to-order manufacturing is carried out to ensure precision and high quality.
This is a unique opportunity for a detail oriented and hard working Garment Technician to join as a key team member of a fast-growing high-end womenswear brand based in London.
You would be part of a highly motivated, close-knit team, where you would be given a lot of responsibility and opportunity to grow. This is a full-time position.
Role / Responsibilities:
- Measuring all samples from 1st toile to PP sample prior to fitting
- Lead tech sheet creation within our PLM system
- Attend technical fitting with Product Development Manager
- Action fitting comments from a tech sheet perspective, ensuring information is correct throughout development and sealing the tech sheet for production
- Seal and follow PP sample process alongside Product Development Manager
- Lead the use of construction manuals to make sure garments are up to company standards
- Proactively recommend updates and flag any issues that will improve quality and cost throughout the development process
- Take part in maintaining quality and fit across collections, by driving the introduction of new standards and procedures where needed
- Liaise with London and Istanbul teams to ensure critical paths are followed and deadlines are met
- Work closely with Product Development Manager and Design team to seal the collection in a manner that satisfies design, customers and production requirements
- Keep relevant information up to date within our PLM system
- Support on other ongoing projects such as Block creation and Tech sheet back-log
- Strong garment construction knowledge
- Passionate about garment construction and finishing
- Minimum 2 years experience in creating tech sheets and technical drawings
- High attention to detail
- Team player, but able to work independently
- Able to multitask and thrive working in a fast pace environment
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in English
Please apply with a cover letter and CV