Our Nottingham Head Office is looking for a Shipping Controller to join the Distribution team. In this role, you will create and control shipments to the UK and worldwide, ensuring that all documents are compliant with the destination customs rules and regulations.
Please view our careers page to find out more about our company culture and the benefits we can offer you - https://www.paulsmith.com/uk/careers
• Responsible for all Fabric and Trims imports and export shipments using the Prima web based system.
• Control and create shop fit shipments using the Prima system.
• Prepare all shipping documentation ensuring accuracy to the destination requirements and UK customs rules and regulations.
• Ensure that any shipments are despatched in a timely manner that reflects the shipments priority, ensuring that they are tracked to the final destination.
• Create quotes, when requested, for shipments using pre-determined rate sheets or by liaising with the correct freight forwarder.
• Assist with the creation of Trade Preference documents.
• To control all queries and crediting regarding Wholesale returns with the Prima system.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
• Highly computer literate in Microsoft Office.
• Previous experience and knowledge of a busy office, preferably from working within a distribution or shipping environment.
• Able to produce accurate and detailed reports.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Team player who can work using their own initiative.
• Self-motivated able to work to strict deadlines.
• Effective planning, prioritisation, and organisational skills.
• Awareness, interest, and knowledge of the global economy.
Please note, this role is not eligible for sponsorship in the Skilled Worker visa category.