A Publicist should have the capacity and skillset to instill trust in clients and be able to utilize their established relationships within the fashion, lifestyle and media industry. Within the VIP and media relations sphere, they will be responsible for outreaching, trafficking, gifting, managing celebrity/VIP dressing and placements, and creating and managing press coverage. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, extremely organized, and proactive with experience in-house or at an agency. The Publicist will work closely with the Sr. PR Director in LA, along with the New York team and act as an integral ambassador to both KCD LA and its clients
The candidate will bring a professional, motivated and diversified skills set to complement the LA office, PR department and agency. A positive attitude, creativity, collaboration and a pro-active mindset are key characteristics for success. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills are key, as well as the capability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and accounts at the same time, will contribute to their overall Agency success. They will have the appropriate style and taste to serve as an exceptional brand ambassador for both KCD and its clients.
- Daily outreach for gifting requests, appearances and events
- Coordinating sample requests and gifting packages with clients and recipients
- Provide support to Sr. Publicist for both day-to-day and long-term responsibilities
- Semiweekly touch base meetings with Sr. VIP Director
- Create pitches, send out media releases and client reporting to showcase results
- Develop and maintain press books for clients
- Manage stylist and editor relationships and appointments for immediate needs
- Maintain VIP calendar of events
- Update target lists, contact databases, client notes and weekly/monthly reports
- Manage celebrity/VIP dressing requests and servicing placements to clients and media
- Weekly touch base meetings with NY Partner
- Service a variety of fashion and lifestyle brands from emerging designers to industry leaders
- Work collaboratively with senior management to gain understanding of the client's image, ideals and goals
- Serve as key day-to-day contact with clients and LA industry contacts
- Provide consistent, professional and diligent client experience while managing client expectations
- Work with supervisors to develop/execute feature stories, product placement, editorial reporting and analysis
- Work with team and clients to develop materials, briefings, on-site support and coordinate events and press days
- Assist with and participate in weekly client calls
- Create agendas, send recap notes and take action for next steps.
- Work with PR Event Management team on front-of-house services for domestic and international fashion shows
- Cultivate relationships with fashion and media industry persons to help grow KCD Global
- Strong work ethic and innovative thinking
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- A keen understanding of client’s relevance within industry in order to meet the needs of the client
- Time management skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to work with clients and understand their needs
- Ability to work in a team environment and actively promote and engage both colleagues and clients in open communication
- Knowledge and understanding of the Fashion and entertainment industries, designers, digital influencers and emerging style
- Detail oriented and ability to follow through
- Ability to work independently and self-motivate as well as on and with a team.
- Strong Microsoft office skills are a must, particularly Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Launchmetrics is preferred
- Minimum of 2-4+ years of experience working either in house or with an agency in a public relations capacity
- A degree in Journalism, Communications or English
- NY Travel involved
- PTO, 16+ holidays as well as winter closure at the end of the year
- WFH Fridays and office-wide WFH weeks
- Summer Friday Half Days
- Employee paid, no deductible Health Insurance with United/Oxford after waiting period
- 401(k), Transit, FSA/DFSA, Dental, Life, STD and LTD Available after waiting period
- ESOP Participation at no cost to employee after 12 months of service
KCD is a global leader in brand experience with offices in New York, Paris, Los Angeles and London. For more than 40 years, the agency has developed and applied its unparalleled fashion expertise while also servicing culture-driven industries across popular, luxury and community pillars.
KCD’s teams work with brands that span emerging to established, amplifying new buzz and maintaining legacy power alike. With customized creative strategies, comprehensive public relations campaigns and world-class event solutions, KCD’s precision-focused execution makes an impact across today’s most relevant channels.
Always at the frontier of innovation, KCD is dedicated to a continuum of experience: Catalyzing it, creating it, and ensuring that it lasts.