The Manager, Corporate Communications will serve as a deputy corporate communications leader as part of Global Public Relations, working to protect and enhance the reputation of Tiffany & Co. By working closely with the Corporate Communications Director, the Manager will drive Company news and announcements, issues management, and corporate media relations, including the development of PR materials and cultivation of relationships with key business and trade press. In addition, the Manager will publicize Tiffany's cause marketing and philanthropic efforts, as well as its leadership in sustainability. Responsibilities News/Announcements
: Manage and develop Company news and announcements, including the development of press strategy and press materials (releases/holding statements/Q&As, etc.) for both proactive and reactive communications. Corporate Media Relations
: Develop and own relationships with key business, trade, industry and sustainability press, including proactive outreach around corporate news, as well as with regional press on corporate topics. Sustainability
: Manage messaging and media relations around Tiffany's cause marketing efforts, and liaise closely with Sustainability Department on publicizing corporate social responsibility efforts with an emphasis on responsible sourcing. Cross-Functional Management
: Partner closely across the Company, including with Global Marketing, Creative Visual Merchandising, Investor Relations, Internal Communications and North America PR. Manage and develop Assistant Manager as dual direct report. Qualifications:
- 6-8+ years' experience with a background in PR (agency or in-house)
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited University (Masters degree is a plus)
- Prior public relations experience, preferably in corporate communications
- Must have excellent organizational, communication and written skills, attention to detail a must
- Demonstrated ability to shift priorities and multi-task within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think creatively when solving problems, and when implementing and/or revising processes.
- Must be able to think strategically - then apply steps to achieve goals
- Have a broad comprehension of the product offered at Tiffany & Co.
- Analytical skills must be well-tuned
- Must be able to lead and develop staff
- Strong interpersonal skills - must be diplomatic
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with an adaptability to new software
- Experience in luxury retail is a plus.
Position Location: 200 Fifth Avenue New York, NY 10010