Product Developer - Footwear & Accessories
- Fred Perry
- London (Central), London (Greater) (GB)
- Closing date
- 30 Oct 2022
- Production - Garments & Accessories
- Entry Level / Assistant
Triple Wimbledon champion Fred Perry founded his brand in 1952. He was the son of a cotton spinner, who played and fought his way through, always with style – and despite the establishment. Today, Fred Perry is a global community of over 370 employees, all inspired by the Laurel Wreath and what it represents
To work collaboratively with and support a dynamic cross business team covering all aspects of Product Development from Design concept through to global launch.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with cross functional in-house team. The position therefore requires a team player with a hands-on approach; someone who is able to manage their time well in order to adhere to the Business Critical Path.
- Responsible for developing commercial, well executed styles across multi Product categories, working collaboratively with both Design and Quality teams
- Sourcing and developing quarterly ranges across global manufacturing bases
- Accurately build and maintain design packages, clearly communicating our requirements to the supply base
- Working closely with the Design/QA teams and our sourcing base you will strive to bring new and exciting responsibly sourced fabric/trim qualities, plus new branding applications to our collections
- Drive proto fit meetings up to SMS delivery, further ensuring that the fit & design is in line with the product strategy
- Day to day upkeep and construction of the Critical Path (line plan) and in-house style system is vital for all areas of the Business
- Strategically develop product with our supply base in order to meet the target margins outlined by the Business
- Carry out comparative shopping analysis in store and on-line to support Product R&D and Price Sign Off
- Setting up and supporting quarterly Global Sales Exhibitions
- Ensure imagery and product information is correct for the quarterly sales brochure
- Graduate with a relevant degree and/or up to 3 years experience in a similar role
- Comfortable multi-tasking and managing a varied workload across multiple quarters
- Enthusiastic and passionate about product
- Self-driven and eager to progress
- A Team player who is able to work collaboratively with Design and Quality throughout the end to end process
- Familiar with Adobe Creative Suite & Microsoft systems
- Knowledgeable on fabrics, yarns and materials
We actively encourage our teams to have a good work/life balance and so we are pleased to offer flexible working shifts at Fred Perry HQ. Our core shift hours are from 10am – 4.30pm and so employees can choose to start and finish early, or start and finish late. (i.e. work 8:00am-4:30pm, or 10:00am-6:30pm etc). We also have 30-minute early finish on Fridays.
As we continue to work in a more flexible way, the Head Office acts a brand hub, where we can all connect and collaborate with one another. This role is a mix of office based (London) and remote working. We will expect the employee to come into the office regularly for face-to-face meetings and to work alongside their team on collaborative projects.
We are proud to offer a wide range of benefits to all our staff, and continue to reassess what our community needs from us to thrive. We don’t want to be a good company to work for, we want to be a great one. Here are some things we currently offer:
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Competitive salary, reviewed every year
- Generous staff discount and regular sample sales
- Generous pension scheme with 8.5% company contribution
- Option to buy an extra 5 days holiday annually
- Enhanced maternity and paternity packages
- Life insurance
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work scheme
- Early finish Fridays
- Season ticket loan
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Annual Birthday vouchers
- Regular opportunities to attend gigs / events
We actively welcome applications from people of all different backgrounds. Your CV will be submitted to hiring managers with all personal details hidden to ensure anonymity.
In 1952, Fred Perry founded his brand, designing his first pique tennis shirt the same year. That shirt would transcend sportswear to streetwear on the backs of generation after generation of British youth subcultures. The shirt is the start and end of everything we do, because it’s more than a shirt – it’s a rite of passage, it’s the uniform of the non-uniform. A true icon.
Fred Perry has never adjusted its course for anyone. Never tied itself to the latest subculture. This philosophy has led to long term collaborations with like-minded partners, from Comme des Garçons to Amy Winehouse and from Raf Simons to Charlie Casely-Hayford.
Our head office is in the heart of London. It’s where everything happens from Design, Product Development, Customer Service and Operations. We have over 200 shops around the world, from Glasgow to Brighton, Paris, New York, Shanghai and Tokyo to name a few. We are proud to have a community of customers from all over the world, adopting the Fred Perry Shirt in their own unique way.
- 07825 344700
Fred Perry Ltd
37 Mount Pleasant
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert