Middle Weight Graphic Designer
ABOUT THE FOLD:
The Fold is a British direct-to-consumer e-commerce womenswear brand with international reach and a loyal community of professional women.
Our collection defines 24/7 dressing through versatile pieces that are designed to create a clean, modern aesthetic. A selection that is unique, specially created for The Fold Woman.
The Fold designs are committed to exemplifying the highest standards of quality and our fabrics are sourced from the finest European mills to make our clients feel truly indulged in fabulous crepes, silks, wools and jerseys.
In honour of our inspiring clients, we have created The Fold Woman, an online and offline community, profiling our extraordinary clients to empower the image of women working in the business world. We host regular networking events mainly in our Chelsea store bringing together the highest achieving women in business.
Today we are a two-fold manifestation of that vision: a community of like-minded, successful women, and an empowering, high-quality, elegant collection.
Polly McMaster is the Co-Founder behind The Fold. A successful businesswoman and former City professional, whose love of fashion was the inspiration to create a chic new brand for women:
"The Fold is about understanding the professional woman's needs in her daily life and trying to create a stylish, contemporary wardrobe for them. To this end, we are building a brand in our own right based on our label and designs."
Our ambition is to be the global go-to brand for the modern businesswoman. We believe that our customers should feel confident and stylish dressing for work every day.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reporting to the Senior Art Director, you will be working across all of The Fold’s design collateral from printed lookbooks and web page design to paid media advertising and direct mail. You will be based in the United Kingdom for this role
- Developing design assets into rich, creative online and offline experiences across multiple touch points.
- Driving forward the team’s creative output with innovative and effective design, inspiring the team with outside-of-the-box thinking and new ideas that feel relevant for the brand.
- Designing across day-to-day BAU briefs as well as taking ownership of your own special projects.
- Supporting the Senior Art Director with mentoring and guiding more junior members of the creative team, helping to review and sign-off work whilst developing skill sets within the team.
- Upholding a consistent and high standard of quality across all your work, always striving to learn and develop more effective techniques and efficient processes.
- Working with a strategic mindset, keeping well informed on customer, creative and product trends to better inform your work and create effective results
- Understanding and working on company-wide briefing processes and asset management, ensuring a good standard of filing and organisation is kept.
- Work closely with other teams across the business (marketing, ecomm, design, operations) to ensure your designs encompass all relevant objectives within the brief.
- Help generate ideas in order to make improvements to current systems and take a proactive approach in implementing those ideas.
- Helping to evolve all aspects of the brand in line with the brand ethos.
- Previous multimedia design experience in a similar business such as ecomm or creative agency.
- Advanced technical skills in the Adobe Creative Suite, most importantly InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Experience in creating digital assets on relevant programmes such as Figma or Sketch.
- Motion Design and video editing/animation skills.
- Self-motivated worker with an ambition to make a difference and drive forward exciting creative ideas that feel right for the brand.
- Unprecious, can-do attitude, open to constructive feedback and offering alternative solutions when needed.
- Great time management and ability to prioritise and manage workload within a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to mentor and inspire junior members of the team in a positive and constructive manner.
- Good and open communication skills with both immediate team members and the wider team.
- Ability to work efficiently and proactively, constantly learning and developing your skills.
- Confident and articulate presentation skills with the ability to put forward your ideas in their best light to others.
- Collaborative team player, actively contributing to meetings and creative sessions with positive and upbeat energy.
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills and processes quickly.
- Genuine personal interest in fashion editorial, lifestyle and cultural trends with an eye for detail and style.
- 25 days holiday.
- National Art Pass Membership.
- Modern West London office with complimentary drinks and fresh fruit daily.
- Inspiring Q&A talks with leading professionals.
- Staff discount policy including an allowance to spend per season and 50% off the full retail. price (after successful completion of probationary period)
- Regular team socials.
We are an ambitious, supportive, passionate team who love what we do. We are Founder-led, and we lead by example – never compromising on our quality. We strive to uphold a values-based working culture with five key principles across the business:
- Be Humbitious: Be ambitious for yourself and The Fold in a humble way - don’t be a diva.
- Wrap it up with a bow on it: Be a completer finisher, be able to trust others to take on a job completely and fully, and earn that same trust yourself.
- Be Empowered: Take on responsibility, share your views confidently but kindly, feel ownership, take pride in results,
- Fold Gold Standard: Quality and professionalism, don’t just ‘let it go’, pride ourselves on attention to detail and excellence in everything we do, and deliver results.
- Embrace, pace, progress and adventure: Know that to fully embrace our ambition and our challenges, this will mean stepping out of your comfort zone - get comfortable being uncomfortable.