ABOUT THE FOLD:
The Fold is a British direct to consumer e-commerce womenswear brand with international reach and a loyal community of professional women.
Our collection defines 24/7 dressing through versatile pieces that are designed to create a clean, modern aesthetic. A selection that is unique, specially created for The Fold Woman.
The Fold designs are committed to exemplify the highest standards of quality and our fabrics are sourced from the finest European mills to make our clients feel truly indulged in fabulous crepes, silks, wools and jerseys.
In honour of our inspiring clients we have created The Fold Woman, an online and offline community, profiling our extraordinary clients to empower the image of women working in the business world. We host regular networking events mainly in our Chelsea store bringing together the highest achieving women in business.
Today we are a two-fold manifestation of that vision: a community of like-minded, successful women, and an empowering, high quality, elegant collection.
Polly McMaster is the Co-Founder behind The Fold. A successful business woman and former City professional, whose love of fashion was the inspiration to create a chic new brand for women:
"The Fold is about understanding the professional woman's needs in her daily life and trying to create a stylish, contemporary wardrobe for them. To this end, we are building a brand in our own right based on our label and designs".
Our ambition is to be the global go-to brand for the modern businesswoman. We believe that our customers should feel confident and stylish dressing for work every day.
We are an ambitious, supportive, passionate team who love what we do. We are Founder-led, and we lead by example – never compromising on our quality.
We strive to uphold a values based working culture with five key principles across the business:
- Be Humbitious: Be ambitious for yourself and The Fold in a humble way - don’t be a diva.
- Wrap it up with a bow on it: Be a completer finisher, be able to trust others to take on a job completely and fully, and earn that same trust yourself.
- Be Empowered: Take on responsibility, share your views confidently but kindly, feel ownership, take pride in results,
- Fold Gold Standard: Quality and professionalism, don’t just ‘let it go’, pride ourselves on attention to detail and excellence in everything we do, to deliver results.
- Embrace, pace, progress and adventure: Know that to fully embrace our ambition and our challenges, this will mean stepping out of your comfort zone - get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
Description of the Role:
Full-time position reporting to the Senior Designer.
We are looking for a Junior Designer to join our Design team in London.
You need to be highly organised, creative and enthusiastic with at least 4 years of experience in the fashion industry. You need to be a positive and collaborative team member with excellent communication skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assisting Senior Designer
- Creating technical drawings
- Selecting trims and linings
- Preparing collection for the sign off meetings
- Amending sketch line-ups following sign off meetings
- Attending Lessons Learnt meetings and having strong knowledge of bestselling styles
- Attending weekly tracker meetings with the production and buying teams
- Managing Design Assistants
- Impeccable eye for print and colour.
- Minimum 4 years in the Fashion Design Industry.
- Strong drawing and draping skills.
- Experience working in a design team at entry level or design assistant.
- Advanced knowledge and skilled in photoshop in order to colour in cads for the range line up.
- Advanced knowledge and skilled in illustrator in order to create detailed and well-proportioned technical drawings.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- You need to be highly organised, creative and enthusiastic.
- You need to be a positive and collaborative team member
- Excellent communication skills.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Good can-do attitude towards all jobs no matter how small or big.
- Good initiative.
Benefits of working with The Fold:
- Pension Smart Pension
- 25 days holidays in addition to the usual bank holidays.
- Modern West London office with complimentary drinks and fresh fruit.
- Inspiring Q&A talks with leading professionals.
- A Fold Gift card twice a year. (After successful completion of probationary period).
- Staff discount policy includes an allowance to spend per season and 50% off the full retail price.
- A National Art Pass – lets you enjoy free entry to hundreds of museums, galleries and historic houses across the UK and 50% off major exhibitions.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Regular team socials
The Fold is an award-winning womenswear brand with a mission to empower women to realise their ambitions. The brand creates beautiful, high-quality collections to help women to feel their most confident selves. The Fold has a wide-reaching international audience and has dressed some of the world’s most influential female leaders and innovators.
Join The Fold Team:
We are an ambitious, supportive, and passionate team who love what we do. We are founder-led, and we lead by example – never compromising on quality. We are committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion across our business and within our teams, creating equal opportunities for employees and applicants.