We have an amazing opportunity for an experienced logistics professional. Our brand is expanding daily and so moving product and materials quickly and efficiently is fundemental to our future success. You will head up a logistics team based partly in London and partly in our NY and Turkish Ateliers. Your duties will include:
- Customer deliveries – organising and maintaining a smooth-running delivery process for all clients shipments and returns
- Liaising with Sales team throughout the customer order process keeping them fully informed of the status of deliveries inbound and outbound.
- Monitoring wholesale stock movements including returns, and liaise with Sales team to ensure all wholesale goods arrive at their destination on a timely basis.
- Monitor material movements and liaise with production department to pick up ready materials and import them to Turkey/London/NY.
- Record and monitor all intercompany movements between all sites
- Record and monitor all non commercial movements such as samples, packaging or any other items.
- Ensure no materials or goods get stuck in customs as a result of wrong paperwork or incorrect shipping method.
- Set up and manage all relationships with brokers, importers, freight forwarders and couriers.
- Create and maintain tracking documents to record the movement of all materials and goods to ensure timing and costs are accurately reflected in the critical path and budgets.
- Ensure all necessary shipping paperwork: delivery notes, packing lists, shipping documentation and invoices are correct and given/sent to customers or production suppliers as appropriate.
- Arrange shipments with freight forwarder following customer’s requirements.
- Monitor freight costs and negotiate prices for all movements of materials and goods including samples.
- Monitor duty and VAT costs to ensure we are only charged for duty and/or VAT when we expect it.
- Work with Sales team to report daily dispatch progress to the business
- Ensuring the delivery schedules for all customers are followed
- Manage the logistics teams in all locations
The successful candidate will be:
- Logistics/Operations Coordinator or Manager with at least 2 years experience working in logistics or shipping.
- Experience importing materials or products into and out of US and Europe.
- Previous management of and negotiation with Logistics companies.
- Understanding of import/export legislation relating to apparel including duties and VAT.
- Good communication, organisation and problem solving skills
- Tenacious, assertive and determined attitude
- Dedicated, hard working and committed person willing to invest long term