Creative Branding Designer (Fashion)
This candidate will report to the SVP of Product Management. This candidate is responsible for the research and development of all branded textiles, treatments, hardware and trim across all apparel and accessories divisions. The role requires previous experience in creative textile or hardware development and someone who is able to propose and develop new branding concepts, techniques, materials and executions. This candidate will liaise cross functionally to ensure integrity of branding across all categories.
- Research, source and develop design and execution ideas for seasonal treatments, executions materials manipulations and branding to be applied to material, trim, hardware, accessories, or other applications.
- Prepare branding presentation meetings and follow through on updating all branding collateral as needed when changes occur.
- Create unique branding designs to be presented to creative director through photoshops, mock ups, vintage and 3D renderings.
- Prepare tech packs/ spec sheets for all developments to be passed to the trim developer or specific design team for application and execution.
- Prioritize developments in accordance with overseas deadlines. Keep in close communication with trim developer, design, tech and PD to ensure developments are proceeding according to plan and present solutions where necessary.
- Work with materials and trim teams to ensure all designs are capable within target price points and make necessary adjustments to better suit final costs.
- Partner with design directors in all categories to ensure all needs for branding are considered and developed.
- Actively communicate on necessary updates for all styles across all categories.
- Prepare updated information on all design developments for weekly design ops meetings.
- Make comments on development protos and prepare solutions or supplemental ideas/ concepts as needed.
- Work on any additional projects as requested by the Senior Vice President of Product Management.
Knowledge and Background Requirement Needed
- BA or BFA in textiles, design, industrial design, graphic design or other branding or materials related design study
- At least 5-6 years experience in creative textile, hardware, design and/or graphics
- Ability to lead teams
- Excellent knowledge of photoshop, illustrator and indesign
- Knowledge of Rhino, Gravity Sketch or other 3D design a plus
- Familiar with garment construction is a plus
- Familiar with all types of garment and accessories trim and hardware
- Strong color and print sense
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload with multiple deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong ability to present ideas
- Enthusiasm to bring new energy into design process
- Proactive with sourcing and executing new and exciting treatments and materials executions