Coach is a global fashion house founded in New York in 1941. Inspired by the vision of Creative Director Stuart Vevers and the inclusive and courageous spirit of our hometown, we make beautiful things, crafted to last-for you to be yourself in.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible. Primary Purpose:
We are strengthening our focus on digital and data driven marketing to accelerate brand growth and enhance our customer experience across all touchpoints. To drive our success, we are creating a new position to optimize our digital marketing activations working across the Coach marketing team and the Tapestry Digital Marketing Center of Expertise.
The Sr Manager of Digital Marketing Planning & Performance
leads the effectiveness of the brand's digital marketing activities with a focus on driving performance and continuous improvement & innovation. They translate marketing strategies into discrete digital marketing investments & test ideas and help to drive cross-functional priorities working hand in hand with key stakeholders. They will champion cross-functional teamwork and create an inclusive team environment that inspires a diversity of perspectives and bold ideas. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Manages the forecasting and budgeting of full-funnel Digital Marketing activities across North America, working hand in hand with the brand's channel owners, finance, our agency, and ecommerce partners. Ensures mix of spend is optimized towards driving incremental profitable omni-channel revenue and incorporating both financial & brand objectives
- Communicates budgetary forecast, strategies, and guardrails to ensure that COE and agency partners stay within monetary parameters and helps to identify when activities are off track
- Offers advice and a brand perspective to Digital COE channel specialist teams in efforts to optimize in channel efficiency within the context of the full funnel plan and corresponding audience and journey strategies
- Project manages brand test & learn agenda, reviews test ideas, results and upcoming prioritizations; works with channel teams & Digital COE to execute day in and day out test & learn plan to continuously improve and optimize media investments
- Partners with brand, COE & agency to measure pilot/test effectiveness, quantify scaled opportunity, and ensure that successful pilots are scaled quickly
- Hindsights channel performance on a weekly/monthly/ quarterly basis, highlighting opportunities or trends for continuous improvement
- Represents and advocates for brand in weekly martech issues/enhancement calls; ensures understanding of impact & that issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Contributes to audience strategy development and approaches
- Partners on development of retention journeys and strategies
- Bring innovative new thinking and ideas to help drive customer engagement and financial performance
Education and Experience:
- Outcomes oriented with P&L ownership mentality - continuously driving for and achieving positive business outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally, collaborate with, consult with and influence all levels of the organization.
- Ability to convey and connect both technical concepts and business context.
- Key evangelist of test and learn approaches and mentality
- Partnership oriented with ability to lead through influence versus direct mandate
- Stays current on evolving media trends, technology, and opportunities and works with partners and stakeholders to bring new activities to life
- Brings a holistic perspective to ensure all aspects of the customer journey are optimized
- Strong project management skills and ability to bring teams together around a common goal
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Seasoned consumer brand marketer with 7+ years of relevant professional experience preferred; with minimum of 4+ years of digital marketing experience, preferred.
- Hands on experience with full funnel marketing tactics and channels
- Deep experience leading and facilitating matrixed teams as direct manager or project manager
- Proven experience managing and forecasting full-funnel marketing budgets with effective returns and traffic growth
- Excellent quantitative skills are a must
- Consulting and/or agency experience a plus
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.BASE PAY RANGE $100,000.00 TO $125,000.00 Annually