Country General Manager, South Korea
This position is based in South Korea and involves high level of responsibility and self-motivation to achieve business growth, sustain global consistency and alignment between our global headquarters in Singapore and our country businesses.
You are trusted with the full accountability to run the business (online and offline) in South Korea with the main role to plan, strategize, implement and provide mandates and inspire different stakeholders to achieve the required business goals determined mutually between you and the Board at the global HQ level.
You will be reporting to the Executive Director of CHARLES & KEITH International Business Unit and apart from performing the deliverables as stated below, you will lead and nurture a team of subordinates consisting different levels of job incumbents to achieve the same deliverables that are assigned to them.
- Accountable for the country’s profit and loss, global consistency, market penetration, business improvement and operations excellence of South Korea including, but not limited to the following:
- Develop annual budgets, profit targets, sales plans, growth plans for South Korea including O2O targets in alignment with strategic objectives of the global HQ in Singapore and implement strategies to achieve those plans.
- Identify, elevate brand awareness and increases market share in existing markets and maximize new business development opportunities through various strategies including O2O
- Develop expansion plan both online/offline and strategies to achieve it including identify suitable retail locations, business opportunities and spearhead necessary negotiations with landlords and timely report to the global HQ in Singapore
- Develop and implement merchandising and marketing plans in alignment with strategic objectives of the global HQ in Singapore Inspire and motivate subordinates to achieve projected sales and profit plans
- Responsible for operations excellence of South Korea in alignment with the strategic branding guidelines from the global HQ (e.g. store fit out, customer service, VM, corporate standards, marketing and operation standards)
- Lead with various organization units in South Korea (e.g. marketing, visual merchandising and merchandise planning to implement the business requirements in accordance to corporate standards)
- Prepare and present necessary meaningful reports for performance monitoring and corrective actions
- Degree in Business or equivalent
- A good business degree preferably with 10 years in Expansion or Merchandising or Digital or in similar capacity
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Great vision, self motivated, excellent drive and enthusiastic
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Good IT, budget and report writing skills
- Excellent business sense with regional experience in international retailing
- Excellent communication and people skills with effective command in English
- Excellent interpersonal, planning and organization skills to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Strong interest in fashion styling
- Fun, vibrant & outgoing personality with great personal style
- Keen sense of fashion and a passion for the fashion industry